Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know of a 2-3 day float trip in WA, Mt, or ID?
I was simply wondering if anyone could help me find a 2-3 day float fishing trip which can be done in 9' pontoon float tubes. Preferably an easy float with relatively few encounters with fellow anglers (I know this is hard sometimes). It can be either fly or bait casting. I have been considering rivers like the Missouri and Madison in Yellowstone and the South Fork in Idaho. Any suggestions or comments would be very much appreciated! [fishin]
[signature]
i fish the south fork regularly i live 20 min from it so it you put in at the damn and take out at rire then that will be 2-3 days. my buddy (that is also on here) floats it on his pontoon all the time so if you do happen to find yourself here you could hook up with us and we will be more then happy to fish with you and yeah there is nothin better then a local no matter where you go. when i go other places i try to do what the locals do. lol we do really really well alot of the time. its our stompin grounds. so yeah let me know your plan
[signature]
Would recommend the South Fork! I have a few guide friends say they would rather float the South Fork for 3 days then go to Alaska.
[signature]
[#005028][Image: happy.gif]If I had to do it all over again I would have hired a guide when I was in the Swan Valley area back in 04. Tried fishing from the banks which is not the way to go. Needless to say I didn't distrub many of the 4000 fish per mile.[/#005028]
[signature]
Ya I think that probably is one of the hardest rivers to fish from the bank!
[signature]
[#005028][Image: happy.gif]Yea particularly since the CFS was off the charts.[/#005028]
[signature]
I'm gonna have to beg to differ on that one. I'm a native here and i don't own any sort of boat. its just me my waders and my rod. and i can keep up with the guys that have the boats. its all in what you know. i know that river so well. i can usually at least pick up a white fish. but when the do crank the water it does make it more difficult to fish. but not impossible by any means. right now though it is the highest i have seen it in years. it ragin right now. so honestly the only way to fish it is to find the small side channels and fish them. i don't know that i would be puttin a boat in right now. rumor has that they are pushin over 14,000 CFS through PaliSades right now. i will do some research and make another post with some pics.
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi dt4r knowing the river certainly has its advantages. I was at the parking lot/boat ramp just east of the bridge and HWY 26. Didn't explore the area too much as I had a couple of non fishing relatives with me. You know how that goes. Kept looking for places were I could access & wade but wasn't successful. If I ever get up your way again I just might seek your advise as to where one can safely wade.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Your right. Its not impossible. But, all I'm saying is that I wouldn't recommend the South Fork to somebody who has never fished it and was only planning to wade. I think that would be craziness.
[signature]