Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stonefly Pattern
Thanks to the great referral to flystop.com, I am going to be ordering some flies today. Fishing the wind during the summer, I am sure that it would not hurt to have a few stoneflies in the box. the thing is, I have never fished using this pattern. If somebody could stear me in the right direction that would be great. just for more information. I will be fishing the wind river in western wyoming from mid-may probably until fall. also any other fly suggestions that i might not think of would be great.
[signature]
nevermind my previous post. I just bought a bunch of flies that I am familiar with and will wait on the stone flies until I get to my destination. I did buy a couple yellow sally's though, aren't those stone fly drys?
[signature]
Those Sally's are AWESOME! Very productive fly...good choice! Did you get Adams and Caddis also?
[signature]
the list is long, bought 41 flies. bought caddis in several different sizes and colors. bought a few adams, both parachute and regular. bought hoppers, buggers, several nymphs, pmd's, bwo's, i bought a very wide variety.
[signature]
Black and brown rubber legs work great there is also some other color variations such as orange with brown and a black and brown which is also amazin those are one of best stone fly nymphs that i have found along with a golden beadhead and koffman stones work good to so i hope that this helps a little
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]The Yellow Sally is a good match for a Yellow Stone. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
ask windriver on the Idahoboard about that area. I think he likes that area
[signature]