Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting discoaraged!!!!!!!!!!
Well another trip to the great salmon river and again it let me down. I don't know why but for some reason i can't catch a stealhead for the life of me. I can catch fish all day long on the south fork of the Snake. but i don't know what i'm doin. I fish the exact same way and everything i try new things stay with old one. i'm at a loss. i'm not one to give up on something like this. but i'm really wondering if i should focus on other types of fishing at this time. Although this time i did manage to actually catch a fish out of the river. they were suckers but hell they were fish. on felt like and fought like a stealhead at fist but after about the first 2 or 3 min. i knew that it wasn't. That much was exciting. So i don't know what to do next. i'm proabably headed up again sunday. so hope fully next time
[signature]
just keep your head up. It will happen. My best advise it to watch others. I remember fishing 2 whole days bouncing the bottom and never had a bite but the entire river was catching fish, the problem was i was expecting them to hit like a trout will and wasnt checking my bounces after i was given that hint of advise i landed 3 in 2 hours. There may be something small like that or the fish may just not be there.
[signature]
my experiance is a steelhead wont move far to take anything put in yhere face and they might suck it in.but they wont swim away with it try using different collors get your presentaton in front of the fish and check every time it stops the takes sometimes feel like rocks..
[signature]