Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing fun at Powell
Made a trip to Powell Friday and Saturday what a great trip...

Friday was cold and windy but the bass was taking about any thing we through at them...

We left at 3:00 in the morning (0 dark 30) and got to Bullfrog at 7:00 and was heading out for the big bass we hoped to catch...

I can't tell you witch canyons we fished cause we have a bass tournament this next weekend but I will tell you where and what we did after the tournament is over...

But we got bass over 5 lb and over 40 bass over 12" per day.. But only one crappie but it was 16 1/4" and still in the lake for some lucky fisherman to get some day...

I did take a few pictures of a few fish and will try to get them posted buy one of the great and kind modes we have on this site....[Wink][Wink][sly]

Saturday was great lots of sun and fun and yes the fishing was great as well, in two days the best 10 bass went just over 24 lb, we was off the water by 1:30 and with heavy hearts heading home...
[signature]
Great report, thanks. That was a monster Crappie you caught! I would say two pounds.
Good luck in the tournament.
[signature]
Sounds like an AWESOME weekend!! Are you going to turn in your state record catch and release crappie?
http://wildlife.utah.gov/fishing/recfish.php
[signature]
Not two pounds just 1lb 9oz but fun to catch...
[signature]
Really? State record??? Well I didn't know or check till now, oh well now I have missed out on two other C&R one for wiper and one for crappie...But then I wouldn't have the one I do if I was not told about it...
[signature]
PIX?????
TS
[signature]
I hope I can get them up soon...
[signature]
I got them to Kentofin, he should have them posted soon..
[signature]
Don't know who kentofin is, but here are bassrods photos:
[signature]
Thanks for the pix!!! Fish look really healthy this year!!! Was really looking forward to the Crappie picture though, where is that one at?
TS
[signature]
I didn't get one, the bass was biting and I just didn't care about the crappie...There was lots of other fish (bass) that didn't get there pictures taken as well..Some smaller some just didn't think of a picture...And some because of back ground, I didn't want to show where we was at...
[signature]
nice redeyes I am getting the powell fever. The largemouth are also dandies now I got to plan a trip. Thanks for the report and pics.
[signature]
Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I once went fishing for trout and accidentally caught a 9 lb LMB and said "Ahhhhh I wasnt fishing for LMB so I aint taking a picture of this trash fish"!!! So I really understand!!![Wink][:p]
TS
[signature]
When fishing for a tournament I don't take very many pictures, just don't think of it..
[signature]
I think it's about time that you buy a new Mojo hat, that one is lookin' pretty greasy [:p]. I like the last two pics, it really shows how big it is...
I hope you threw that crappie on the shore to rot next to the bass [Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
No I let it go so as it could make more food for the bass, I only throw trout on the bank...[Wink][sly][sly]
[signature]
Let me guess, the trout you throw on the bank are the 38" er's you catch at the Nelle and dont take pictures of???[:p]
TS
[signature]
You are like pbh, you like to lie about what others have said....Why so you can try to look like<<<
I think if you look back at all my posts and yours you can see who has had more pictures posted..Do you take pictures of ALL your fish???Do you post ALL your pictures???

I think its time you crawl back in your hole or start taking your own pictures...
[signature]
In all actuality I do post pictures on every fishing report I post (Especially of the bigger fish!!![Wink]). Even if I get skunked I like to share the water temp, depth etc etc info with the folks and take pictures of whatever looks interesting!!! Anytime there is a Powell post there should be pictures (in my opinion), it is such a gorgeous place!!! And all I was saying (stating a fact) was that you report of these fish but never have a picture of them yet you have pictures of smaller fish!!! Everyone exaggerates a story, but my goodness!!!
TS
[signature]
oops
[signature]