Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new jig fly for steelhead..
heres a new jig fly we use under a float for steelhead..it might work for other fish?
[signature]
great pics.. details of materials, and how to tie please.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi lurtch - another suggestion re your pictures and that is to adjust the white balance in your camera. Initially I had the same problem so I opted for using a flash or taking my pictures of flies in natural sunlight.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
[inline "test 2.jpg"][inline "test 1.jpg"]
BTW here are two pictures I took under different conditions.

[ol][li]The top photo was taken under a halogen lamp[/li][li]The bottom was taken with the lamp turned on and using a flash. [/li][/ol]Hope this helps you out.
[center]
[signature]
these are not my pics. i down loaded them exactly how you told me too..it works..all i got is a camera phone..i have used this jig just didnt know how to tie it..now i do and so do you..
[signature]
well figure it out together these pics,, were down loaded from the internet..ive used this jig alot but always bought it..now i can tie it..im getting the hang of this downloading thing..
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Sorry for the confusion lurtch. Those were my photos I took as an illustration. Phone camera aren't all that great unless from what I'm told one is willing to spend $$$.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
the pictures of the jig fly that i posted were down loaded from the internet not taken with my camera phone..i did figure out how to down load pictures to my file though..im learning..
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]As they say Rome wasn't built in a day. It took me a while to figure out how to place several pictures in a post without doing a lot of extra work. Glad to read that you are making progress. BTW didn't say that you used a cell phone camera, just pointing out that the outcome for them is generally very poor since you mentioned that you had one.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
a digiyal camera is last on my list,,got alot of fishing stuff to buy..
[signature]
does this fly have a name?? maybe I can look it up on line to get a list of materials and steps to tie it..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
the pics came from a site i can name on the pm side if you wish..ive only bought and used this flie havnt tried to tie it yet...heres a pic.. of a nice steely cought on this fly..we fish them under bobbers with spey rods and centerpin reels..another use for a spey rod.
[signature]
[center][#005028][Image: happy.gif]Very nice catch lurtch. Make my first steelhead look like a minnow. lol[/#005028]
[signature]
you can post the information here without posting the website.. or pm me the site and Ill see what I can do to get it posted..

that is a great looking fish..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
thats my buddy with the fish i took the picture for him..hes been teaching me how to spey fish..it proves the jig works well
[signature]