Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass tourney's and boat traffic
[font "Times New Roman"]I was planning on launching out of Wahweap next weekend. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Until [/#000000]I saw the tourney schedule. [#000000]There's an ABA Bass tourney out of Wahweap on May 9 & 10

[/#000000]I try and avoid crowds, and I’m assuming this puts approx 80 more bass boats in the water. I have never been on a tourney weekend, so I just don’t know what kind of increased bass-fishing traffic I can expect.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Anyone got thoughts on what to expect boat-traffic wise and also attitude-wise from guys fishing in a tourney? I had planned on being in Warm Creek Bay for 3 days, and I keep getting a mental picture of tourney-fishers being aggressive and crowding my space there.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Well, between the wind, bad weather and now this, I guess South Powell could wait until the fall… [crazy][/font]
[signature]
There will not be 80 boats in it, if they have 40 that is still a lot for a tournament, I would guess there will only be 25 to 35 boats at best...

Powell is one big lake and that many boats isn't a drop in the bucket...
[signature]
thx, Cliff. I was hoping you'd reply. I've got a call in to the tourney organizer to see how many boats have registered.

I'm also thinking of fishing more uplake; Padre and Last Chance bays (even though that's still pretty close to the marina)
[signature]
PM sent...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]What would Lady D do?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Most Tournament Anglers are respectful of non tournament anglers. There are bad apples in any group less in in this group in my opinion. You wont have any problem[cool]

Blitzz
[signature]
Quote:Most Tournament Anglers are respectful of non tournament anglers. There are bad apples in any group less in in this group in my opinion. You wont have any problem

You're spot on. That's exactly what the Tourney organizer said (I called him).

BTW, he anticipated 20 to 25 boats, which is exactly what Cliff said.

Now, as for what TD said: "WWLDD?" .

Geez, TD. I had my fishun game-face on, and now look what you gone done. Well, whatever she would do, I would hope it would be along the lines of the picture of the Arizona Native Fishin Guide you sent me last year (remember that?). But regardless, I would imagine she would be very, very helpful in rigging my, ahem, "pole". [Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Supposed to be summer-like weather down there. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Color me jealous.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck and have fun.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Don't forget the malt beverages.[/#0000ff]
[signature]