Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daughters First Fishing Experience
I took my daughter out to the Boulder City pond tonight for her first fishing experience. She just turned two and has been casting her Barbie fishing pole around the house for months. She asks daily to go fishing. So we went and tried it out. I loaded her up with a bobber and salmon eggs hoping to hook into a little trout she could wrestle with and set mine up with shrimp and a marshmallow to keep out of the nastiness on the bottom. Not long before I got a hit. I really wanted to get her over to reel it in, but she was shying away. Ended up being a nice cat. She was a little freaked out, but ended up warming right up to it. You can tell her excitement from the picture. She is already asking to go again. What a great experience.

Picture didn't turn out the greatest when I modified the size. Not sure the best way to do this.
[signature]
Thats really cool. Both my daughters now 10 and 14 were fishing soon after they could walk with Barbie poles I might add. My 10 yr old can can clean and fillet fish and wants to do it. When she was 6 we went to Yellowstone and took a fishing charter on the big lake . The capt/guide told me he didn't have any kiddie gear for my little one. I looked at his gear and said oh yeah watch this. I told my 6 yr old pick the pole you want to use. It was a open face reel with a 7ft rod. She threw a cast out and brought it back in, all the captain said was "she's been fishing before I see". On one trip she thought she would feed the fish in the live well and was feeding them the worms I had brought. Lots of neat memories .
Cacoon
[signature]
She's hooked now. Our kids were fishing at and early age too. They still enjoy it as adults. Nice picture.
[signature]
Awesome! My daughter is 23 and can relate to your post.
BaySport
[signature]
Thanks so much for sharing the experience and the pic! I starting fishing at her age to, but they didn't make Barbie poles back then! LOL Just little Zebco's. Again, wonderful story, thanks for sharing!
[signature]