Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do they call it starvation???
[frown] cause if you go there and forget to bring enough food.. you'll die of STARVATION... lol! wonderful camping trip, horrible fishing trip! first time to starvation.. and first impressions were not good to say the least! spent atleast 20 accumulated hrs of fishing over the weekend and not even one bite! one person in the group caught a nice smallie, but other than that it was skunk city!!! even got a cpl tips from some nice people but to no effect! hopefully next time... water temps were like 52 to 59 degrees!
[signature]
Were you shore fishing ? It can be a tough lake too fish. If you learn it , it can be great.
[signature]
[fishin][#bf0000] nope... i had a boat! threw alot of soft plastics in a craw pattern! alot of smaller curly tail jigs(all colors),alot of powerbait and worms, til we found out there werent any rainbows in there! one in our group caught a smallie on a white curly tail tipped with a meal worm, so we all switched to that and got nothing! it was our first time there, so obviously we didnt know too many good spots(big lake)! didnt sound like too many people caught alot... maybe just a bad time to go!!! i hope theres some good fishing there... beautiful lake and awesome camping! [/#bf0000]
[signature]
[fishin]hey lunk it's monger,wrong temps.I am sure of it.We will get them.almost caught a longer out the jordan river but he slipped my hook at the top the water!next time it's a sure bet[Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
[Smile][#bf0000]darn right its a sure bet... fly rods and spinning jigs.. i hope we finally found a good fishing spot!! we know they are there, and yes u did have a lunker on! tomorrows the beginning of something gr8 i hope![/#bf0000]
[signature]
There are Rainbows in Starvation, some nice ones. There are nice browns also
[signature]
Howdy,
I fished starvation this weekend, I think we met on the Indian bay side.

I ended up with four fish total.
1 bass taken from shore with a walleye diver.
2 fat perch caught from my kyack about 60 feet from the shore using small tube jigs right of the bottom.
1 14" walleye in the same area with chartreuse minnows
about and hour before the sun went down Saturday evening.

I would let my jigs hit the bottom reel up a bit and slowly jig,
slow being the key.

The Camping is great there at Indian Bay, however some of the locals have now respect for the place. Saturday evening a crew of high school kids rolled up next to our camp and proceeded to dump gas on live cedar trees for their fire. They burnt two trees total stayed for an hour leaving behind a grip of trash, the next day I went down and put out the smoldering trees.

Other than that incident it was a great weekend.
[signature]
You should have reported it to the Park Rangers, I'm sure they would have taken an interest in their fire and trash. They will enforce the laws, I turned a skier in a couple summers ago and it cost him and his buddies $130.00. I have ZERO tolerance for idiots.
[signature]
[fishin] i just heard that there werent rainbows in starvation! thanx for the heads up! hey santraveler u were camped next to us! i had the boat beached rite by the rocks... silver and black searaider! good to see that u have a profile on here! and i hope we werent the highschool kids u are talking about, cause we cleaned up and left everything the way we found it! anyways good to hear u caught some fish! maybe next time for us!
[signature]
Hey Lunkster,
Your group were great neighbors, my son had fun playing with the kids from you group.

Hope you have better luck next time, Starvation has always been hit and miss for me.

Cheers
[signature]
[fishin][#bf0000] yeah i hope we do too! it was a good weekend! could have been gr8! [/#bf0000]
[signature]
It seems early settlers living along the banks of the Strawberry River, now under the reservoir, had do deal with near starvation. Here is an interesting read.
[url "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_State_Park"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_State_Park[/url]

Don't ya just love that reservoir, one of my favorites!
[signature]
Amen to that. We all need to report the wrong-doings whenever we see it. Otherwise we won't have our nice areas to fish.
[signature]