Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
raystown lake largemouth and smallmouth
Does anybody know any good spots or have any tips for largemouth and smallmouth fishing on raystown that they are willing to share?
[signature]
I dont fish raystown that often due to all the summer idiots down there. When i do fish it i tend to stay down by saxton. I get alot of smallies down there. I also like Jamescreek area as well for largemouth.
[signature]
I fish raystown a few times a year . Im going there for a tournament on the 17th witch is a nite tourny . Any where from james creek to the dam is what i fish all the time . Summer time witch can get tuff on that lake . I like to use zoom flukes and senkos up there . and top water in the morning or try c-rig with a lizard on the flats on main lake points . Ill let ya know how i do . titelines to ya c ya on the water[fishin]
[signature]
Awesome, i am looking forward to your report. I like to use flukes as well down there. They got some awesome action. May i ask how you rig yours? What is a c-rig??? never heard of it, or it could be one of those things that i have a different name for lol.
[signature]
Well I call it a c-rig but its the (carolina rig ). when i use a fluke I rig it up with a size 1 or 2 circle hook and hook it through the nose like a live shinner. Bass always go for the head of the baitfish first and I get better hookups. well gotta get back to work HAGD and titelines to ya ..Ill let ya know how we do this weekend
[signature]
ooooo i got ya sounds good i never tried that down there. I will next time though. How long of a leader do u use behind your weight? I never heard of using a fluke like that before, but i don't see why it would not work. Don't know why i did not think of that myself. I have done that on a drop shot rig but never with a c-rig.
[signature]
i just got back on the july 11 and i got a whole lot of nothin! I think i figured out the pattern on the last day(of course) It seem ed like most of the bass came off of submerged logs with something else nearby like deepwater, weeds, or a dependable food source. I did have a nice one on thursday night on a zara spook but he jumped and came off. We also had some other problems besides the lake being so different; i had a reel stop engaging and we were staying in one of the villas at the lake raystown resort and some idiot beached a house boat right next to us. So because of the houseboat we couldn't get around the stumps underwater and we wrecked our transducer on tuesday so that didn't help. And i was yet again annoyed by the skiers who were drunk and some of them were pullin their kids in a tube around while drinking! People seem to get stupider every year!
[signature]
Sorry to hear about you luck Sad But i said it before lol. Take a look at my second post on this thread. Summer idiots [mad]
[signature]
Well i made it back safe from raystown lake. The nite tournament was tuff . Had some good fish right befor dark and then boom the Thunder storm from hell hit . We were about 16 miles down the lake from blast off witch was James creek and it got scary trying to make it back . All i can say is thank god for GPS Units . You couldent see 5 feet in front of the boat. We did catch fish in the grass texas rigging craws .
[signature]