Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weston 7-2-09
I fished it again yesterday from about 3:45 til dark. Pulled out a few better looking bass this time with a couple I think were over 16" but didn't measure them. I wasn't hungry for anymore fish. Caught over a hundred, mostly 8"-10" with a few nice ones here and there. Also caught 4 perch. Lost a few decent sized fish as well on the jump. I may head back up again this evening. Don't know yet. I'll post some pics later on.
[signature]
Sounds like some great fishing.

I am surprised with you being in Malad that you have not hit Daniels, Hawkins, or Crowthers.
[signature]
Here are the pictures. I didn't go to any of those other waters because I wanted to catch bass and panfish this time around. I'm always catching trout up by my house.
Looks like this will be my last report for the next couple years. I'm off to Chicago on Tuesday for a mission for my church. Tight lines to all. I'll be back in a couple years.
[signature]
I hit Weston on Friday the 3rd. I caught about 50 bass, maybe 20 were over a foot. I also caught a nice fat rainbow on a 4" skirted double tail grub. That was a bit of a surprise, and then a couple casts later I caught a really fat 13" perch on the same lure. The bass liked that one too, and I caught a bunch drop shotting too. Two fish broke me off, so I'm not sure how big they were. I probably would have caught more, but my float tube sprung a leak and I barely made it across the reservoir before I got water logged. All in all it was a fun afternoon.
[signature]
Good Luck on your mission and stop back in when you get back. You have been a great contributor to the site.

Windriver
[signature]