Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help in CT
HI

I live in New Haven, I don"t go salt fishing but i want to get into it. long story short what can I expect to fish for, where, and what time of the season???? I only have medium weight gear, the sort you use for larger fresh water fish (I like ultra light and can adapt that concept to the sea with 8 or 10 lb test) The main thing is that i don't know what to fish for or how. I know that I can "fish off the rocks" but I would have no Idea what I was fishing for and/or weather or not anything was "in season" to be had. I have read "there is a fine line between fishing and standing on the bank like a fool".
please help me fish and not be the fool [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]
thanks
peace[fishin]
[signature]
hi i fish in RI so i can give you an idea of what you will catch and around when ( a little different but manly the same) the fish you would catch would mainly be Stripped bas And bluefish. i also enjoy light tackle fishing, but you really need 15 -20 lb test for the size of baits that need to be cast and considering that bass can reach 50lbs and a big blue fish could break 8-10lb test line in a heart beat. the season is usually starting in late spring through October ending around November.
good luck
[signature]