Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baitcastin
Hello everyone, I have Quantum MH ( Bill Dance Select). I been struggling to learn, cast right/ distance. I have alot people telling me, once I learn how to use it, It will be like a " Pro". Does anyone have feedback or suggestion for me? How do I find out which line to use? braid line, mono line ?
[signature]
I would start out with Mono. Its just easier to learn with. Everytime i teach someone how to use on of these i put on heave mono 17 to 20lb test. Once you learn to cast that you can work your way down to 12 or 10 which is where you should be. The heavier line gives you more control and lets your get a feel for how the line comes off the spool. It also makes a birds nest alot easier to get out. See if it works for ya.
[signature]
I use braid on mine and now when I throw it out far it kind of burns my thumb trying to slow it down alittle. Set the brake on the side enough so that when you have your lure on the line and you push the button it should go down by itself but not free spool and get tangled up... Adjust the brake so the line goes down and without your thumb on it and when your lure touches the ground the spool stops also.... Then pratice throwing and keep your thumb barely on the spool...
[signature]
[font "Georgia"][#005000][size 4]I have to agree with Bass619! I had purchased top of the line back in the 70's early 80's Cardinal, Daiwa. My brother-in-law tried to show me how. But every time I cast the rod, a Golden Eagle would be jealous of the nest I made. So now I only use spinning reels. I have Shimano FG2500 spirex! I wish you all out there would make a video how to use a bait-casting reel! [/size][/#005000][/font]
[font "Georgia"][#005000][size 4]Dennis[/size][/#005000][/font]
[signature]
I set the brake up like I said above for the spool and had my dad start praticing with it and he got the hang of it quickly... After ten minutes no more nests..... Once you get the hang of a baitcaster you will love the power it has reeling back in a fish compared to spinning and closed faced reels.....
[signature]
[#005000]I'll try again, and buy another reel & rod. I'm not going to pay a lot of money this time. But not a cheap one either![/#005000]
[signature]
i'm sixteen and i learned how to use a baitcaster awhile ago and it was pretty easy and use braided line cause it gets less nests. its great for people just learning. and watch this video it helped a lot when i was learning [url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDI5kwR5zjc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDI5kwR5zjc[/url]
[signature]
[font "Georgia"][/font][#005000][/#005000][size 4][/size]NE_fisherman:[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[font "Georgia"][/font][#005000][/#005000][size 4][/size]Thanks for that link about baitcasting! I seen alot of things I knew and things I didn't know! That was very helpful. One more thing in the 3rd. segment he stated to buy a left or right. I'm right handed and with my spinning reel I have all are set for casting right handed and reeling in with left. So what would I buy, a left or right. I'll be the first to say this is embarrassing being in my fify's and asking something stupid as this! But I really don't know which type of reel?[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[signature]
I real the same way i do, so you would need a left hand retrieve model. There are plenty out there these days. your should have no problem finding one. May i recommend the Diawa exceler, its a great reel for the money. the best that i have ever used for under $100. Check it out, im sure you will like it.
[signature]
[#005000]Thanks I'll check them out! I looked at bass pro shop and they are out there for the prices! I think pro bass shop thinks everyone who fishes for bass are rich! But I'll still look around![/#005000]
[signature]
Yes! a lot of people told me that the mono is the place to start as well.
[signature]