Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly fishing Lake Mead
Hello, I am new to posts... I am living here in Las Vegas, NV, and recently bought a boat. Im trying to learn to fish (preferably fly fish) Lake Mead. Anyone who can direct me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
[signature]
Welcome to the site Yelsek, here is a link to our flyfishing board: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=132"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=132[/url]
Hopefully someone there can give you the info you need to Fly fish Lake Mead. Good luck. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Hi there yelsek and welcome aboard. Do you have any fly fishing gear at this time?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the reply. Yes I do have a collection of gear. I have been tying and fishing for trout for about 20 years with pretty good success. We returned last weekend from a trip to Southern Utah. I am very familiar with trout fishing, just not familiar at all with fishing for stripers or bass. It is a whole new world for me. Please help!
[signature]
Hello Yelsek_Fish, Fly fishing is one of the most challenging types of fishing in my opinion. It's a lot of fun too. If I could make a recommendation to you, I would suggest that you try to learn several different kinds of fishing. Fish feed off the top during certain conditions but also move to deeper waters under others like on really hot days, etc. etc. I love the challenge of trying to figure out what would be the best set up under different conditions and I would suggest that as your financial situation allows you diversify so that you can be ready for whatever the conditons dictate. Fishing means different things to different people. One of the most important things is that you have fun. Take care and good luck to you. Sincerely Kevin McClure
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Hi Yelsek - we both have been fly fishing about the same length of time but unfortunately with the exception of FFing while tubing a few pay and play ponds my play ground is generally river, streams & brooks. Wading is my preference, so I can't offer any help. Perhaps TubeN2 might be along to offer you his assistance. Good luck.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]