Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took the Tube out of Storage
After a number of years when I have been unable to do any tube fishing, yesterday I took my Fish Cat out of the storage room and started to go through all of my gear. I am adjusting the rod holder which was inspired by Tube Dube's experimentation and making sure that everything is working. On Sunday we are off for a week of vacation on a lake in Cape Cod. I hope to report back about some successful tube fishing. Luckily we are missing Tropical Storm Danny by a day, so we should have some good weather. My kids, remembering the last time the tube came on vacation with us, already warned me that I better spend less time in the tube and more with them. We'll see how the balancing act works out.
[signature]
Sounds like a nice trip comming up there pitman!! How old are the kids?
It just might be time to dig up a couple of those coffee cans of cold cash you might have in the backyard and spring for a couple more tubes. lol[Smile][Smile]
I put my two grandsons in there first Fish Cats at 8. they take to a tube real quick at that age.
Illinoisgiller
[signature]
Son 12
Daughter 9

We are going away with friends who have a kayak, so I am sure that at times a kayak will be trailing the tube to see what's going on.
[signature]
Our vacation was great and the Fish Cat was a joy to have along for the trip. We were on a lake and almost every day I got to do some fishing. The lake was great for LMB and we caught some nice fish both from the tube and the dock. The last day did have one mess up. I wanted to the foam seat cushions to try out a little bit more, but I wasn't careful enough about where I put them to dry. It was quite windy and they literally got blown into the lake. By the time I realized what had happened it was too late and they were nowhere to be found. I called Outcast today and two replacement foam cushions are on their way. Now it is back to school and work.
[signature]
The foam will not hold water..you don't need to take them out to dry.
I found Propping the tube up so the seat is open facing the ground is all you need to do.
[signature]
[quote I put my two grandsons in there first Fish Cats at 8. they take to a tube real quick at that age.
Illinoisgiller[/quote]

I can account to that. My son loves getting in the tube. I even got him to catch a fish for the first time on a fly rod this week. He got really excited and I know he will want to do it again. He also can handle the tube and fins very well. He uses a 16" round Caddis for now.
[signature]
Pitman, There are a pair of short straps on the seat back down towards the bottom. You can tighten them and the seat will stay upright to dry fast. Actually, There isn't much on the seat to stay wet. Illinoisgiller
[signature]