Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made in China
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: dumb.gif]Did you know that many of the rod manufacturers are having their less expensive labels made in China? It is damn hard to buy American when practically everything one wants to buy is made over seas.[/size][/#008000][/font][Image: bobmad.gif]
[signature]
BOYCOTT!!!!!!
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: bobmad.gif]That includes Winston & Sage.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
well I already have my sage.. and Im not gonna send it back.. so......... boycott from here on out?? [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Not Sage. Orvis and Winston yes.
[signature]
Oh and Scott is all Montana.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Perhaps I spoke too soon - but I thought that one of the Sage's demo models was made in China. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Not that I know of...100% USA
[signature]
whewww.. sis you save my launch.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
" F" China but what can you do?[frown]

Peter
[signature]
i only scanned this article cause i dont have alot of time.... there was a 5 page article in Fly Fisherman magazine covering this very subject about a month or two back, and im really suprised no one mentioned Ross..... still all made in colorado.
[signature]
years ago I was driving a Mitsubishi as my primary vehicle.. and on occassion I got big ration from the buy American crowd.. that I should be buying a Chevy, or Ford or any other American made vehicle instead of the foreign car I was driving.. then I looked at them and Smiled and told them to look under the hood.. if they did they saw almost all of the parts were made in Japan or other overseas locations.. at that point they realized that American made meant American assembled.. ...

... my point being is that in most cases American made is in reality American assembled..

is this the same case for fly rods.. I dont know for sure.. but how many parts (tip top, fighting butts, reel seats, cork, guides are made overseas, imported, and then assembled in America versus all parts being made AND assembled in America.???

MacFly
[signature]
What about Ross World Wide...it is Asian, or is that what you meant.

First off, the cost of USA made rods is for the invention if you will, of this unique taper. That takes time and money for the research.
That is why some of the BIG companies are so secretive on new lines. The Asians then steal/borrow, the taper with slight mods to pass them off as their own. The end product, you are getting a nice action rod that is made on an assembly line by people that probably don't even know what it is.[Wink]

But heay, they need the work also. They got to eat and buy their smokes too.[shocked][laugh]

[Image: Wally_break.jpg]

Redington was Asian way back, even when Orvis owned them. They then got on their feet and Orvis let them go on their own,...but that didn't last long, so Sage stepped up to the plate.
Good thing too, cause they are nice rods, but there is a real good example of the copied tapers.
[signature]