Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold creek report 11/2
Cold creek pond report 11/2

Thank you to those that help me find the pond. They should call it "hot" creek pond because the fishing was hot. Got out there about 12 and started to work the sm pond by the volunteer firehouse. I was throwing a joes fly pitching into the back bushes steady retrieve back by 1230 landed my first one (see pic) he was a nice mature rainbow tossed him in the cooler. I saw a huge school of goldfish in there, I tryed to land one with no luck. While fishing I see the larger pond a little bit down the trial, so I throw my cooler in the car and start the hike down. I was amazed how clear the water was you could see all the fish and bottom structure. I started throwing the fly with in 10 mins landing anothor smaller one released him. Started to get a little crowded with 4 wheelers so I finished up and headed out I was home by 330. The ticket today was joes fly (see pic) overall had a good time. Comments or questions welcome.
[inline "Dinner trout.jpg"]
[inline "cold creek pond.jpg"] [inline "cold creek horses.jpg"]
[inline "joes fly the cold creek ticket.jpg"]
[signature]
Very nice report. I have been wanting to try it out up there. The pond in the picture looks alot bigger than the pond I seen up there. Do the fish survive the summer there?
[signature]
Well actually there is 2 ponds. One is by the volunteer firehouse fairly small with heavy bushes in the rear. The other larger one in the pic is down the trial about 400 yards it is much deeper and holds way more fish. It has two big green pipes running into it, and the water is super clear you can see all the fish and the bottom. I caught rainbow t's in both ponds with the larger one being better. The first thing you notice at cold creek,is that both ponds hold large schools of orange/brownish goldfish witch don't seem to bite. But the trout seem to feed on them the one I opened up had a big fat 3in goldfish in its belly. I think cold creek ponds have way more potential if they would just fill them up and stock cats,bass,bluegill. And the fish there seemed less pressured, I tried some lures that were not working at flsp that worked excellent up there. There was nobody fishing when I got there a hour or so later some kids came to try there luck with powerbait and bobber. One of them caught a nice one a little bit later another group shows by then I couldn't even cast without pissing someone off so I left. And I don't think the trout survive the summer because its not very big or deep, but the goldfish seem to I saw some nice fatties.
[signature]
I wonder who and why the goldfish are there. Seems like they are beneficial to the trouts bellies :] So when you caught your fish there did you see them chase and then bite your bait?
[signature]
Pondking, Alot of those people up there think that's their own private pond even though it's being stocked through our collective dollars. Keep fishing up there if you like it. They only ever have planters and it freezes over in the winter. They actually have three ponds. The little pond to your left as you turn right also has trout. It's only about 10 feet across. The natives are hostile. Still not much of a challenge. Kind of like filling your bathtub full of trout.
lvrider + Yes you can see the trout chase down the spinner and attack. It is also pretty nice because you can just follow the school around the pond throwing the lure right in there faces. The sm pond is muddy/murker than the larger one. And i'm not sure who put the goldfish in there I assume ndow.

masu + I know what you mean by hostile, there were alot a**hole 4 wheelers just speeding by showing off and creating a bunch of dust and noise near the ponds. How ever when hiking back up towards the road where I parked this young fellow crusied up and asked If i needed a lift I said yes and he dropped me by my car. While leaving I saw a group of kids by the smaller pond trying to nail the goldfish with rocks jeez I guess kids will be kids.
[signature]