Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek
Well my first ice fishing trip, but unlike pbh I have a power auger and have had it sense 1978....

Got on the ice at about 1:45 or so I don't want to hot spot a place like Deer creek and so I don't want to tell you all that I fished up by the river inlet just out in front of the parking lot just south of the bridge and I walked strait out about 132 yards to fish, and I guess I would say the fishing was slow for me...

Other posts I would give you a count of fish caught but pbh has a problem with people who do this so I won't say I only caught 3 trout....

And pbh does not like the new toys that we can get to make our ice fishing better like new lures ( he still uses worms) I like wax worms my self...

I would like to give more INFO but some would say I was hot spotting or using or having too many toys that make ice fishing more fun...

WAIT isn't fishing supposed to be fun????
[signature]
Outstanding report! Nicely worded,[Image: happy.gif] I liked how you didn't give away any SECRETS![Wink] For what its worth, when I go ice fishing...power auger, snowmobile, very warm ice hut, I like being comfy and cozy on the ice. Makes it more FUN![cool]
[signature]
hrmm, cant wait to see where this leads
[signature]
I am up for laughing. This has potential.
[signature]
we pulled up just as you did. we ended up with 5 bows. tell your freind thanx for the 5 bucks. and if ya pm me his address il send him the 5 back he gave us to park.[Wink]
[signature]
Looks like your technique has imporved since last year...

Attached is a picture showing your old style....

Glad to here your not Hot Shotting....
[signature]
is that a pic of someone fishing, or someone that fell in?
[signature]
it of someone trying to recover a 4 wheeler that went through the ice! lol[crazy]
[signature]
I think that is where Bassrods dunked his wheeler at Yuba last year. He will never live that one down........hahahaha Bassrods glad your still ice fishing with that incident still breathing down your neck.. I might give it all up if that happened to me.
[signature]
That's the hole the 4-wheeler made when it went for a swim...
[signature]
lol thats funny stuff.... was it recovered?
[signature]
I didn't know that was you, Jerry just said you needed some change...
[signature]
That is the third time I have went in, once with my 4 wheeler once on thin ice and once to get a dog out that went through the ice...
[signature]
that was me also, we asked if you guys had change for a 20, and Jerry looked and didn't so he just gave us the 5 bucks for the parking fee. a Big Thanks to Jerry. I owe you one. fishing wasn't fast and fearius but it was just nice to get out and not have anybody get shot, that was my last trip. the fish wanted wax worms over suckermeat.
like ken said we caught 5 and missed about the same.
later chuck
[signature]
Wow, you might be getting a call from the coast guard when they find out your able to swim in freezing waters and are willing to do keep doing it over and over.[laugh][laugh][laugh]. I can understand saving a dog though.

How did you get that thing out?[bobhappy]
[signature]
Hey Cliff thanks for not going into to much detail on your report especialy how many fish you caught it tends to get some guys on here panity's in a wad when you give out detailed reports.

I am just waiting for the next tread to start about why do people take pictures of there fish and there surroundings you could be blamed for "Hotspotting" or unnecesary equipment you don't need to take fishing with you.[:p]
[signature]
It was my dog, and it was in only 4' of water and 10' from shore....
[signature]
I did take a few pictures but I will not post them cause I don't want to be called for hot spotting...

I took a picture of some elk on the way home but they was about 100 yards out and I don't want to be called for hot spotting them as well...
[signature]
I'm glade you got out, Jerry is always doing things like that he is a nice guy...
[signature]
HE NEEDED TO GO FISHIN BAD. LIKE HE STATED THE LAST TRIP HE WENT TO UL AND WATCHED THE POLICE SHOOT A MAN DEAD FROM ABOUT 100 YRDS AWAY WITH A MACHINE GUN.[:/]
[signature]