Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Finished... Phase One of my Otter Mini Sled Rack.
Hi All....

I LOVE my Otter 2 mini Ice sled,   and  for several reasons...
- They way they built it,it is very very strong for it's size. ( very thick bottom)
- It can fit in the back of most closed in vehicles.( well small SUV"S now I guess) ( before the rack it was some cars)
- It is easy to pull. ( before the Rack and now just as easy after the slides put on the bottom )
- AND the most important thing of all is.....  I  will never ever will carry anything on my Back again...LOL The rack is  even more important  now since I bought a 24 lb Ice tent this fall... and it lets me haul other people's stuff now even more..( why should they have to carry there things)

I JUST had to make a few  changes on it to suit me...  

First thing the WIFE SAID when she saw the  CAMO DUCT Tape... was .... " Ya know your a Redneck When!....."
All my fishing friends said when I pulled out the back of the Small SUV was... " Oh My Gawd " and Laughed...  
I have been thinking of this build all summer.. and really wanted to use PVC. When I saw the Rod holder that " TubDude" built
and posted for us all. I started on the rod rack ... then I  could not stop thinking about more.. PVC for the rack. had some thoughts of it all summer. BUT when I saw pics of the older Sled that Bart built, when a diff style of PVC that gave the courage to try this one. 
[signature]
Looks like your going to have to get a dog sled team or a 4 wheeler to pull everything.

Are you taking orders?

The whole sled looks well thought out and nicely organized.

If I took some pics of my set up everybody would laugh. Its just a sled with a pile of gear strapped down with bungee cords.

Yours looks great!![Wink]
[signature]
[signature]