Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifes First Ice Fishing Trip (Fish Lake 2/15)
[#bf0000]!!! Winner of the Post of the Week Contest !!![/#bf0000]

So as some of you know my wife planned a ice fishing trip for us at fish lake. We got to Richfield on V-day and stayed the night in a hotel there. We left in the morning for Fish Lake. After about 10 or 15 minutes on the road i realized i forgot my wallet (which contains both our licenses) so after the trip back to the hotel we got back on the road. We got up to the lake and boy was i excited. My wife was a little worried about being cold, but i had her dressed plenty warm and she was good. It was fairly crowded so we decided ( and by we i mean me) to hike across the lake. She wasn't happy about that but after i got the holes drilled and she started catchin some decent sized trout she cheered right up. We caught splake and rainbows all day then called it quits and headed back to the hotel. It was a good trip for her first time and I think she had a good enough time to want to come back out even thought the end of the season is coming [frown]. But here are some pictures for the day... Enjoy

Mike
[signature]
Glad to hear that it worked out for you. We were all cheering for you to have a great time.
[signature]
That is way awesome man. I have been following this story since your wife was asking about a good place to take you. I am glad that you guys had a great time and that you got into some fish to boot... Her fish actually looks a lot bigger than your fish[Wink] just sayin...

Looks like you will have a fishing partner on other trips!
[signature]
Yeah... She probably did catch the biggest Rainbow. But i had the biggest splake. We didn't really measure to many of them or take to many pictures. But whatever keeps her happy enough to come out again...
[signature]
Did you walk across the lake starting from the Lakeside marina parking lot? According to my GPS, that is almost a full mile! We did that last weekend (Saturday) and although it was an excellent fishing spot, the slush was almost unbearable. How was the slush?
If the slush is gone...I'd be tempted to go back!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
[cool][#0000ff]Great report and pictures. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I think most of the guys on the board agree that no matter what the fishing was like, your wife is a keeper.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice fish. Also looks like the wife had fun. I know mamatrout enjoys her trips out on the water. Although I have been told I get whiny butt 1 this time and she will take the boy out. Again great fish and looks like it was fun.

Now after kissing that fish did she give you a nice big smack as well?[:p]
[signature]
Glad to hear you had a great time! Catching fish always makes that walk worth it! Looks like you have a new ice fishing partner.
[signature]
The slush wasn't bad to me. There was a little but we just walked across some snowmobile tracks and it was fine. But i actually don't really remember slush where we were fishing...
[signature]

[fishin]GOOD JOB !!
she's a cutie!!
DO NOT SCREW IT UP!!
[signature]
Congratulations Mike you won the Post of the Week Contest![Smile] PM your address to me and we will get a BFT flag sent out to you.
[signature]
CONGRATULATIONS Mike!!
If you work this right you will have you the BEST advocate for a good marriage! My EX hated fishing as much as I loved it. My GF loves it more than I do!! WOW! Do the math. I'm 50 yrs old and can tell you from wisdom NOT knowledge, that she will LOVE you more, the more you do together that you both enjoy equally. Whatever it might be. FISHING IS A GOOD ONE!! And ice fishing can be a tuff one. Mine LOVES it on the ice almost as much as Summer, but not quite. Something about liking to wear a bikini. Trying to get her to wear one under her Carharts??
[quote kentofnsl]Congratulations Mike you won the Post of the Week Contest![Smile] PM your address to me and we will get a BFT flag sent out to you.[/quote]
[signature]