Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Pineview trip tomorrow...any suggestions?
My Bro and I are heading up to Pineview tomorrow for our first time. Hoping to catch some perch & crappie (if we are lucky) through the ice. Any suggestions on location, places to park, depth to fish, baits to use, etc would be much appreciated. We are planning on fishing from daybreak till about noon.

Thanks in advance,

copple2
[signature]
Haven't been to PV in a while, but there are a few older posts here on the forum to look at from others. It looks like the fishing was slowing down a lot and for a while it had bad slush...but I think that has hardened a bit. When we were there in the first part of Feb the perch were deep....40-55' and hugging the bottom. Glow and small flies with flashers.... with perch meat or eyes seemed to be the trick. Super light bite, if your rod is in a holder you will miss many. The small ones are everywhere shallower, and the bigguns are away from people and machines. Good luck and be sure to post how you guys do.

Shawn
[signature]
Shawn,

thanks for the heads up...we'll see what we can do for some amateur perch fisherman.

copple2
[signature]
Make sure to post your report. I always try 30-50ft in morning and 15' at 12-5! In 15' you KILL THEM!! But im not willing to share my secert spot sorry!
[signature]