Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Fish and 2 Rivers
After whetting my whistle with yesterday's open water action I decided I needed to do it again. I haven't fished the Weber in over 10 years so I decided to make the drive up and give it a whirl. I worked up and down the river (from shore not wading) near Coalville for about 2 hours and probably ended up walking roughly 3 miles in deep snow. (I'll feel it tomorrow!) It was a bit slow but I pulled in 1 pretty 14" Brown (using a rainbow rapala). I hooked him working an eddy while standing on a ridge. I had to bring him down stream about 20 feet before I could get to a spot where I could get down to the water in order to land him.

[Image: DSC05741-1.jpg]

While out and about I also saw some deer, wild turkey, and geese; it was a pretty cool trip. I had a family party inconveniently scheduled during my fishing trip so I had to end it early. I took Provo Canyon home and ended up becoming a victim to the lure of the Provo River. I figured I was already going to be late and could afford a couple casts and then just blame it on traffic. So I pulled off the road grabbed my rod and made for the river. The "detour" was a success and I pulled in another Brown (13" on a blue fox spinner) in just 5 minutes and 12 casts. I snatched a couple pics made the release and took back off down the canyon.

[Image: DSC05742.jpg]
[Image: DSC05744.jpg]

Good Trip
[signature]