Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OPEN WATER BOAT FISHING AT LAST
Got my boat on the water this morning before the wind came up..

The temps, water was 43 and air was 61 some ice down lake when I put my boat on the water...
Headed to the west side and got a smallie on some rocks and worked the place and got 4 smallies total I could see the ice pack moving past me and to keep from being cut off from the ramp I started trolling my way back around the ice flow...

By the time I got my boat loaded the ice pack was moving past the ramp, it was a good first trip for the northern part of the state with 4 bass and 4 or 5 trout...
[signature]
I dont think you said were you went. sounds like a good outing anyways.Thanks for the heads up.
[signature]
4 Bass, 5 Trout and ZERO pictures!!! Jordanelle I would imagine!!!
TS
[signature]
[font "Courier New"][#000080][size 3]I never pestered you last year about taking me. So now I gotta make up for it, and be relentless this year! LOL
Supposed to have a storm coming soon, but maybe in another week or so?
[/size][/#000080][/font]
[signature]
I guess I forgot to say...Deer Creek was the place...The bass was all from about 13" to 15 1/4" long the trout was 13 to maybe 16" or so didn't put a tape to the trout..
[signature]
All you have to do is let me know when you are free to go....
[signature]
Come on trout slayer give it a rest this year?[:/] But it is nice to see bassrods not take it to serious.
see ya on the water[:p][:p][:p]

Thanks for the report bassrods, pretty good catch this early,how deep where the bass 20-30' still i would think. I hope they come on strong this year,it's been quite awhile since I stopped at deer creek, the bass fishing went in the crapper about 5 years ago and I just couldn't get myself to stop there anymore. you just gave me hope it may be on it's way back.

fnf
[signature]
Still a lot of ice pack out there but good to know that you got into some bass. now I'm tempted to take a day off work this week and hit up the rocks over there. But we'll see, might have to wait till May comes round.
[signature]
The bass was 5' to 10'...
[signature]
Hey bassrods i saw you and your dog on TV this weekend....[cool]
[signature]
That was a fun two days with Roland Martin on Jordanelle..
[signature]
that's pretty cool, thanks for the report. nice to here there is some open water. Deer creek has always been my favorite spot to fish. [Smile] So is there alot of open water. My guess is the dam side is still frozen and down buy the island is the open water. thanks again.
[signature]
This wind could open up the ramp by the island ...

and some other lakes..
[signature]
You were on TV? That's pretty cool. Do you know what network his show airs on or if it can be found On Demand or anything? It would be fun to see a local BFTer on his show.
[signature]
151 is where I seen it...
[signature]