Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fiddled too much.....
I went down to Kentucky for a campin trip and took my fishin equipment. When I got down there and got the poles out, I went down to the water and went to change my lures and noticed that the first eyelet of the pole was bent backwards toward the reel. I bent it back into place but I just couldnt keep my hands off it and fiddled with it once more and ..... snap.....the eyelet broke off!! I had just bought this pole this spring!!!! Now my question here is what do you do when this happens to you??? Do you take it to someone who repairs fishing poles or do you go to "Wally World" (aka wal-mart) and buy a repair kit and do it yourself??

Outlaw
[signature]
[cool] If your handy with your fingers , do it yourself , If your clumbsy, Get help !!!lol

Flagmanonice.....
[signature]
I care more about how it works than how it looks, so I am a do it my selfer.

I run in to the nearest supply shop. grab a replasment eyelet and some apulstry thread and a tube of foxy Epoxy. then I am back in business.

if it were some thing realy nice that was a gift or some thing like that I would find some one who dose that kind of work. and has the equipment to do it right.
[signature]
hear ya there guy!1 haha i,ve had to do it before. on the old johnson set up i had before. on a zebco rod i had. you guys still got your old steel rods, ya had with the little old castin reel? i got ma,s still haha she had it when she was a kid. it,s short and stillhas the twine like line on it. foud it at the house when i was lookin fer somethin the other day. down cellar hangin where she left it. ya know. i found that and fergot what i was lookin fer. haha memories i guess.
[signature]
I've got one of the two "poles" on the largest eye broken away from the fishing rod. It happened from having the rod extending from the front passengers side to the back of my Tracker and having passengers shove their stuff against it and kicking it. LOL.

How do I fix just the one "pole"?
[signature]
I always fix 'em myself. As for having only one "pole" on an eye broken - break everything until you can start clean [unsure]
[signature]