Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowrance elite5 review
I had been using an old hummingbird for the last 15 years and decided to move up to a GPS unit.
I purchased the Lowrance Elite-5 on Aug 3rd from Outdoorsman Headquarters in Int'll Falls Minn. I took it out the next morning and it worked great , For 20 minutes then the screen went.
I returned it to the store less then 24 hours after I purchased it. Apparently they have a different idea about what good service is. This unit should have been replaced but the best they would do is sent it to Lowrance for me. Makes me wonder why I paid about $60 more to buy locally so I could get local service. I contacted Lowrance and they also don't know the meaning of good service. Well its now 4 weeks and I am still waiting for a unit that should have lasted more then 20 minutes before it died. I should have stuck with a name I could trust like Hummingbird or eagle. If you are considering purchasing a unit I would suggest staying clear of the elite-5 by Lowrance. It did work great for the 20 minutes I got to use it.
[signature]
Thanks for this. I'm researching units now. I will stay away from all things Lowrance.

We are their customers!! Not the other way around.

Pay more to purchase from local private companies. It's worth it. F the large public one's. They only care about are their quarterly earnings so they can pay their excessively overpaid execs.
[signature]
Yea I have had bad luck with Lowrance also... I will NEVER in my lifetime buy another lowrance product!
[signature]