Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingman Wash 9/4/10
Headed out to Kingman this morning and arrived around 5:30ish. Hiked along the right side and started fishing from the rock pile by 6:00am. The weather was pretty nice this early in the morning, cant say the same about late morning/afternoon lol. We chummed the water and started fishing with anchovies to no avail. I decided i would switch it up and tied on a Berkley 4" shad swimbait. On my second cast, i hooked up with a 2lber. I kept trying the swimbait for twenty mintues and finally it snapped off during a cast. I decided to go back to anchovies because my coworker also lost the one i lent him and i only had one left and i was tired after tossing it around for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes i landed a fat 1 lb striper. That was it for my day. My brother had a fish hooked, but it got away as he was pulling it onto the shore because nobody would grab the net and help him land it lol. My other friend also caught a 1 lber. Around 8:45am we call it quits and decide to set up camp because the temperature was beginning to rise quickly. The plan was to camp/fish until sunday around noon, but the heat was unbearable. It was too sunny/dusty outside of the tent, while too hot inside of the tent. So we end up packing away the tent around 1:00pm, after suffering through a few hours of the heat.
[signature]
Nice report and pic chizzle[cool]
Never been to kingman wash do you cross the dam to get there? I've had luck with the lil 3in wildeye storm shads in other areas of the lake. Were you fishing the bottom with the covies or just cumming? And lake mead sun can be a killer I tend to around night. Thanks for posting your report love to hear how everyone does. until then[fishin]
[signature]
Yeah its after the dam, after the arizona side checkpoint theres a paved turnout that leads to an unpaved road. You go down that dirt road and at the end is Kingman wash. I went swimming there yesterday and the water gets incredibly deep very fast. The wash is around 200 yds wide and i couldnt see the bottom anymore when i was 10 feet from shore. I dove down in that 10 feet from shore area and the water was over 15 feet deep there and i could see tons of these small yellow/greenish looking fish. They didnt look like lmb or smb, also found a dead 4" baby channel cat down there lol. We were chumming the water w/ chovie heads and fishing off the bottom w/ the mid/tail sections. When i gutted the fish we caught, i found a few anchovy heads in their stomachs. I usually go at night and come back around 10am during the summer, but my friends/coworkers wanted to go early morning and fish, then camp till night and fish again.
[signature]
Thanks chizzle[cool]
I was thinking about going down there just hate crossing the dam, maybe once the huge overpass is built I might. You probaly saw a bunch of juvenile sunfish or maybe carp. I'm kinda surprised you didn't get any cats with the covies off the bottom I use the same technique chum head n tails bait the mid section and do well with cats but in about 10-20ft of water. Post up a report if you make it out there again until then[fishin]
[signature]