Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Flag
[Smile][size 2][/size] ----- [font "Tahoma"][size 2]Subject: Flag of the USA

[/size][/font] From: "Harris, George" THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES!!! I am the flag of the United States of America. My name is Old Glory. I fly atop the world's tallest buildings. I stand watch in America's halls of justice. I fly majestically over institutions of learning. I stand guard with power in the world. Look up and see me. I stand for peace, honor, truth and justice. I stand for freedom. I am confident. I am arrogant. I am proud. When I am flown with my fellow banners, My head is a little higher, My colors a little truer. I bow to no one! I am recognized all over the world. I am worshipped - I am saluted. I am loved - I am revered. I am respected - and I am feared. I have fought in every battle of every war for more then 200 years. I was flown at Valley Forge, Gettysburg, Shiloh and Appamatox. I was there at San Juan Hill, the trenches of France, in the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome and the beaches of Normandy. Guam, Okinawa, Korea and KheSan, Saigon, Vietnam know me. I was there. I led my troops, I was dirty, battleworn and tired, But my soldiers cheered me and I was proud. I have been burned, torn and trampled on the streets of countries I have helped set free. It does not hurt for I am invincible. I have been soiled upon, burned, torn and trampled in the streets of my country. And when it's done by those Whom I've served in battle - it hurts. But I shall overcome - for I am strong. I have slipped the bonds of Earth and stood watch over the uncharted frontiers of space from my vantage point on the moon. I have borne silent witness to all of America's finest hours. But my finest hours are yet to come. When I am torn into strips and used as bandages for my wounded comrades on the battlefield, When I am flown at half-mast to honor my soldier, Or when I lie in the trembling arms of a grieving parent at the grave of their fallen son or daughter, I am proud.
[signature]
YEA !

ON THE WAY TO WORK LAST WEEK I SAW THAT SOME JERK THREW HIS/HER U.S. FLAG OUT IN THE TRASH . I STOPED AND RETRIVED IT , WEATHERED AND WORN , IT WAS GIVEN A PROPER DISPOSAL BY ME .

I HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS WHO HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED FOR THIS GREAT SYMBOL OF OURS . IT DESERVES THE RESPECT THAT THEY EARNED FOR IT .
[signature]
Thats right lonehunter , if anyone here has a flag thats seen its better day , please bring it to one of your local clubs (VFW , ELKS , AMERICAN LEGION , ETC>>> ) and they'll give it the proper disposal.

Flagmanonice............P.S....Thank you veterans !!!!!!!!!![Smile]
[signature]
traverse city , mi . has a mail box that was commisioned for the drop off of worn flags . the local v.f.w. takes care of everything . she goes with full honors due to her .

ditto , thank you veterans , we are all in your debt .
[signature]
mine is worn tatered and shredded in the wind, still hanging from the tree in my front yard,

that is where it will stay, like me that flag a weathered much abuse these past years, yet still we arise when the wind blows to show our colors and show we still stand for human life of all people, we stand in unision of the words of our forfathers who tho at that time could not accomplish and still today we fight for the rights of human rights not just in our country but for those abroad who can not.

we do not do this alone, we can not. we the people is just that we the people of our small planet and getting smaller every day, we realize that this is our only home we have no where else to go, so many lessons learned in the last 2000 years, but I have to ask how many of us have realy taken them to heart?

unfortunately the us flag dose not mean the same thing to every one in the wourld, and some times here in our own country, it has lost its meaning to some folks.

What dose the flag me to any one else, dosnt matter who's flag you are flying, what dose your flag mean to you as an individual?

Question open to all readers
[signature]
i was lookin thru the old forums today, and found this, i also was watchin the news, this mornin and they were goin thru all who have died in this war fer the year, and oh so Sad. i believe now at this time of year, will be the hardest fer the families and my heart goes out to em all. and i believe all of us, our national guard guys fron here in vt. are goin this week also and won,t be comin home fer quite sometime. and i know quite a few from our home town. i believe our hearts go out to them all also. so for those who have gone in every war that has ever been and those now, i want to wish them well, safe journey and to come home soon, i know i,ll miss my boys, si i pray god watches over them thru it all, everyone. we,ll miss em. i still have gramps flag. i just thought we ought to member em. hope ya didn,t mind dave. later mare
[signature]