Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bailing out of the SLC valley for awhile
[Smile] Yep, vacation calls. Heading down though southern Utah to the Cortez Colorado area. Taking my flyrod and new reel going to test my luck on the Animas River It will be a short trip 3-4 days but I'm looking forward to trying other waters. Its been a long time since I've fished outside the state of Utah and I'm looking forward to it.
[signature]
hey there FFM it's been a while since I've been on the Utah forum but I'm on

vacation too. I'm out in the surrounding dayton, Ohio area and even though I

haven't been out fishin' as much as i had hoped the fishin' I have done has

been excellent. I've just been hittin' a little pond out here in the local area

and since I've been here between my father-in-law and me we've caught maybe

70 large mouth bass and probably near as many bluegill it's a killer good time

never a dull moment out on this pond. I hope you have just as much luck if not

better on vacation.[Wink]

good luck to ya buddy!
[signature]
Hey have a safe trip Dave![Wink] Catch lots of fish have a great time and drive safe![Smile] Best of luck to ya!
[signature]
Let me know when your back. Hope to see you in hooked again. But I'd be interested in hearing about your vaca

Trent
[signature]
Just back in town, had a good time in Colorado, but unfortunately didn't get any fishing in, too much to see and too little time. Set up base in Cortez, Colorado on Monday the 18th at The Kelly Place B&B in McElmo Canyon, very quite if that is what you're looking for. On the 19th we visited Mesa Verde National Park to see the cliff dwellings the fire devestation is very severe got in 2 of the major dwellings Long House & Balcony House then hit Step House (self tour). The last time I was there was 19 years ago and it was beautiful, but thats all gone now and a 300 year old forest is gone to ashes. The Last full day I took my 9 yr old daughter horseback riding then headed t Durango fo the day it was fun, visited the COFFEE shop for that much needed COFFEE FIX and hit some neat shops. Had to visit the local fly fishing shop but the manager was a jerk and the prices for their flies were way out there. Popular patters that cost $1.25 to $1.75 at Hooked or Sportsmans were easily $3-4 and some patters pushing the $8 dollar barrier. I kept my hands in my pockets and my mouth shut as wer looked then boogied to a better plae to be. All in All it as a good short trip, but no fishing this time.
[signature]
That's too bad you didn't get anyfishing in but at least you had a great time

Trent
[signature]