Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NH/ME Seacoast
I fished FL for many years but I'm new to New England fishing. I'm planning to spend a few days next week on the coast, anywhere from Rye up into Maine.

I was hoping for two things. Can anyone recommend a reasonable hotel that's not far from the water? I'd rather stay at a hotel than a small inn or B&B.

Can anyone give advice on where and how to fish the surf, piers, or rocks for stripers or bluefish, or whatever? I'm sure it's very different than the offshore trolling and livebaiting I did off of West Palm Beach!

Thanks for any help. This is the first time I've been at the coast in about 5 years and I really miss the ocean. Even just exploring on the beach with my friend will be fun, but catching a few fish would be great.

Dan
[signature]
Stripers are being caught at night right now useing ells,frozen bunker. Blues are in and can be taken useing the same bait. Poppers are always worth a throw if the water is boiling. Not many docks to fish from like down south, so you'll have to hit the beaches. Each state has public beaches you can use.
[signature]