Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eagle valley
my sister came to town last weekend and my girlfriend and her wanted to fish. i have never even seen a tiger trout so we drove up and rented a little old boat. we fished worms and power bait under bobbers for a lil while but mostly trolled wolly buggers real slow all around the lake. we got bites all over but caught most of the fish at the north end and in the middle where its narrow. i only got one since i did all the driving and all the baiting and untangling, but i dont even care it was alot of fun. they got probably 20 total, bout a third were tigers.there was also bout 45 mule deer on the shore line in the evening
[signature]
Nice one montana[cool] like hearing reports from other parts of the state love the mulleys too. I was lookin through ndow and saw a pic of u(they guy in the avatar) with a decent 263 buck very nice[Wink] keep us updated until then[fishin]
[signature]
yeah i was pretty happy with him. pretty fun morning. first deer in nevada, on the 2nd to last day last year. I got skunked in tag drawings this year in nevada and montana, sucks but got some bonus points. i have 3 bonus points for antelope in montana now, so hopefully next year i can draw a tag and get a big one. oh well, more time to fish i guess.
[signature]
Me or my dad didn't draw any tags either[frown] we were thinking that we would try for mountain lion have any experience with those guys?
[signature]
not really, i had one following me in montana, i started following his tracks when i was hunting elk and he kept doubling back and following me. it was kinda weird and spooky feeling, i never did see him. never hunted them though. i would like too, but its pretty tough with out hounds and guides are not cheap. someday when iam done with school i probably will. I think iam going to try for some birds this year though, ive hunted alot of ducks and geese but not much upland birds yet so it will be fun to try. would be nice to have a dog for them too though.
[signature]
Thanks[cool]
[signature]