Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need Help.....
hello, im new to this forum, I need some adice. I just got into trolling and bought 2 downriggers. I have been fishing nubenusit lake for lake trout and salmon and i have been skunked everytime, im an avid bass angler but new to trout and salmon, i am using mostly spoons and ive tried dodgers and flashers, i've fished bunchof depths from 60' - 20' Im not sure what im doing wrong, all i have is a 40lbs thrust trolling motor and i run it at pdout 1/2 spd. Im going out tomorrow and that will prob be the last tim till ice fishing and really want to catch a laker, its the only fish I have yet to catch native to this area. So any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Joel
[signature]
Find out where the temperature break is in the water and put your gear as close to that as you can. I always run meat off the down riggers. I start usually with red when i go out at 5ish and run all glow for spoons, flies, and j plugs. once the sun comes up and the fish stop bighting that, I switch to blue and greens mostly.
[signature]