Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taggart / Devils Slide
I have been fishing the Weber in the Devils slide area and Taggart since 10/15 when they shut off the water and it has been fishing great! Catching a lot on olive and miracle midges with an Irish Spring or olive hares ear attractor. The last 4 times I quit counting the fish at 30.

Where are some other good sports that are working for people and what are the fish taking? I'm from the Kaysville area so somewhere relatively close to there is where I can usually fish.
[signature]
This time of year fishing is great state wide I suggest heading over to the DWR site and looking up some rivers
and just do some exploring. I found the best rivers are the one less mentioned on a internet forum.

Also this is a real touchy subject and everyone has there do's and donts but what your asking could be considered "Hotspotting" I could care less either way but I do get irritated when some posts a spot and 500 million people show up but that's a whole different post...

If you like the Weber try the Henifer section or even Coalville\Wanship section or go north there the Logan or the Ogden even Huntington Creek and Blacksmith Fork.

Im certain if you slayed 30+ fish on the Weber any of those rivers will provide you with a great day of fishing.
[signature]
Yeah I know, after I posted that I figured some may take it as "hotspotting" but I didn't list a specific hole, and there are so many good spots in that 3 - 4 mile stretch that as long as people are catching and releasing there are lots of fish for everyone.

I'm just curious of some other "general" good areas and what type of flies have been working for people. Obviously, if your grandpa has passed down the family fly from generation to generation then please don't post it here Smile I'll check out the DWR site, thanks for the info.
[signature]
[quote jdizzle]

I'm just curious of some other "general" good areas and what type of flies have been working for people.[/quote]

Yep in my opinion thats what internet boards are for to share stories, get help & ideas [cool]

Try copper johns, prince nymphs, with a midge pattern rainbow warrior, wd-40 or zebra mides don't forget your scuds and sows. I fish those the patterns all year long including winter and have had good success.
[signature]
Speaking of winter fishing, I have only tried it once. I loved being out in the snow it was so quiet. But didn't do that well. Are there any tricks for fishing during the winter when the fish are not as active? Do you have to go a lot smaller? I have heard you can do well in the winter and plan on going out this year quite a bit.
[signature]
No no real tricks other than you got keep moving find were the fish are active and You guessed it you got to go real small 20, 22, 24 and smaller. I had good sucess fishing different midge patterns in those sizes.
[signature]
Biggest problem that I had last weekend was that the water was so low and clear that you couldn't get near the river without spooking the fish. Had to fish from 20 yards back from the bank and they were still spooky.
[signature]