Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What you don't want to see after a 2 mile hike for some bassin'
[:/] Got up early this morning. Had a great breakfast and got all my gear ready. I Mountain biked about 2 miles to one of my favorite spots that has 3 ponds near each other only to be greeted by this:

FROZEN.
[inline SANY00240.jpg]
[#ff0000]Click[/#ff0000] the image above for larger view, you can see by the pier poles this pond is usually about 2 feet deeper. This is the FIRST year I have ever seen this pond lose water depth.

The pond has a fresh water source feeding into it and I've never seen it frozen over. I guess the draught this year has even affected the underwater springs here.

Marked Tree has one of the purest underwater spring sources in arkansas other than the Ozarks.

Needless to say I just biked home and watched the saturday morning fishing shows on espn.

Hope this clears up for NE Arkansas soon. I usually catch nice bass all winter long here, but if this is the situation now I will be hurtin' for some bassin' by Spring!

Tight lines!
[signature]
Now you know what us boys up north have to put up with. I'm hoping for the end of March to try again.
[signature]