Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jan 24th weather channel sucks...
[:/] Well according to intellicast.com and weather.com today in NE arkansas it was supposed become partly sunny and around 48 degrees, so...

Last night I got all my winter tackle I use at Gillis' ponds together in one box and put out my winter fishing gear, etc, etc...

I was looking forward to some bassin' this afternoon and got layered and booted up around 2PM, put all my gear in the truck ( it's just partly cloudy and I expecting partly SUNNY in a hour) then head over to Gillis' ponds.

I park, get all my gear out, and walk about 1/4 a mile to the ponds and WAM.

It starts RAINING! Were is my Partly Sunny???

Well I tried to stay but temps dropped fast and it was probably around 40 then raining within 15 minutes. I got a few casts out but when the rain made my coat get heavy enough I could notice the weight I packed it in.

I'm thinking I should have got a degree in Meteorology instead of Computer Science.

I will fish in snow even if its in the 30's, but Rain with temps hovering at the 40 degree mark is just to much to deal with when your gloves get wet and your nose goes numb.[:p]

Maybe by the weekend I'll get another chance. I know you northern boys are probably gonna laugh at me for this post because you fish on frozen lakes when its ZERO...

But it's a lot colder standing on a bank in the pouring rain when its 40 degrees.[pirate]
[signature]
I hear that. 40 in the rain is long john weather, with my insulated rain suit. Was 3.5 degrees when I woke up. No I'm not like the clown, I stay in till ice out.
[signature]