Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd fishing technique?
So a few months ago I was talking to a teacher of mine who is an avid outdoorsman. He told me about this technique he called "blowing up worms" he said that what you do is take a hypodermic syringe and pump air into the worm.. I wanted to try it out that night but I had no way to get a syringe, but I found out last week where to get them and I have a box on the way. Has anyone here tried this or heard of it? Thanks Smile

-Zach [fishin]
[signature]
I've heard of it. Puts air in the worm and helps it float off the bottom better.
[signature]
Just be careful with the type of syringe. The last thing you need is to accidentally prick yourself. A simple small plastic syringe is recommended.
[signature]
Well I just bought the cheapest ones I could find, they have about an inch long needle on them, they should do all right I think, I only paid 13 dollars for a pack of 100.
[signature]
[quote zach4542]Well I just bought the cheapest ones I could find, they have about an inch long needle on them, they should do all right I think, I only paid 13 dollars for a pack of 100.[/quote]

Well, you might also be interested in a drop-shot rig. It gives you the same ability to have the worm float off the bottom without having needles around.
[signature]
you bought the wong thing,

those seringes can get you in to a whole lot of trouble, if a law officer sees you with one, it is probable cause for them to search you your boat, your car and your home.

there is a plastic bottle on the market with a neadle on it for blowing up worms. I had one in my box for years...

the method is over rated. you can get a styrofome beed that will do the same thing only better. the other problem with that method is, you get one bite on your worm you have to replace it, no resetting the worm on the hook.

but if your bound and determined, you can order those from either cabela's or bass pro. One will last you a life time...

take those hipo's and donat them to a sinior complex or give them to some one who is diabetic before you run in to an air born ranger of an officer or game warden.

If you cant find the bottle just drop me a pm and I will pull it up for you.

I have used both the styrofome and the blown up worm method while trolling, and I found that there is something that works even better, that is using sinkers with wires hanging out the bottom. Use a three way so you have it seperate from your lead line.

with this method you can use your sinker to feal the bottom and set your leed at any hight from the bottom you like.

the main reason for keeping your hook from dragging the bottom is to keep it from snagging. you can use a weedless hook to remidy most of that problem. The other reason is to target fish just up off the bottom.
[signature]