Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ad free subscrition....
Recently, a member suggested that BFT offer an "ad free subscription model".

Basically how this would work is users that wanted an ad free model could pay a subscription fee and they would not see any ads.
Free users would still see ads.

So the questions are… would you pay for this ad free subscription service and if so what do you think is a reasonable price for the service?

Please reply here on the forum..

MacFly
[signature]
i wouldent. i like some of the ads. as weird as this sounds, i met the soon to be wife from one of the Ad's featured here on BFT. it was called plentyoffish.com. we staretd tlaking then eventually went out. later on down the road we are getting hitched. all because of a little add at the top of a fly fishing forum on BFT
[signature]
kocha me brother.. thank you for the feedback.. and the how you met the future mrs kochanut via a bft ad.. both are appreciated..
:-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Depends upon the price. Right now the ads don't really botther me.
[signature]
they are trying to figure that out.. as soon as I know I will modify the post to reflect the cost.. sorry it was not available when I posted this..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Most of the adds don't bother me, as long as they aren't using up all of the bandwidth and slowing things down too much.

Also as long as the advertising isn't something you don't want your grandkids to see!
[signature]
So let me get this right, without BFT you would not have meet the love of your life? Awesome, an here I thought BFT was all about fishing[Wink]. Thanks for sharing your story Zak.
[signature]
Lol I didn't know that's how you met your woman. I do remember the add. I wondered I'd it was legit or just spam potential. Hey I was reunited with my current gal via myspace. It's amazing what 3 years time off will do to a relationship. Congrats on the engagement. Your inviting everyone from bft to the wedding right. After all if it wasn't for us....[Tongue]. I think I am going to have a shotgun wedding here in a year or so.
[signature]
WOW Kochanut, Great story!!! I'm curious, does your finance fish? Kinda of funny you came from bigfish and met her on plentyoffish Smile Wish you guys all the happiness in the world!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
angler.. she has been known to out fish kochanut... and that is a major accomplishment... :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
she sure does. like McFly said, she not only fishes she has on occasion out fished. our wedding is in June
[signature]
are you gonna be a fly in groom like I was or will you be back in plenty of time to get some fishing in before the wedding.. ??
[signature]
i SHOULD be home in time, i woudlent say plenty of time, but enough to head out for a little bit
[signature]
LOL... ya gotta love the military... but main concern is that you get home safe and in time to fish AND get hitched.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
if i put fishing in front of the wedding Fishin_gal will shoot me. i heard her loading a pistol when she said that
[signature]
Yes pistol is ready Wink One big fishing trip before the wedding is plenty Smile Smile Smile
Thanks for the comments though,, I love you and SO glad your so addictied to fishing because if you werent we may never have met...
[signature]
there you go folks, BFT caused its first marriage [Smile]
[signature]
if she is as good with a pistol as she is fishing then you are in big trouble lil bro.. LOL...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
since that is the case I think BFT should host the bachelor and bachelorette bashes for you two... :[Wink]
[signature]
[center][font "Courier"][#800000][Image: happy.gif]Hey Kuchanut - good luck & all the happiness to you both. My lady and I were married last October. We both had lost our spouses after over 45 years of marriage for me and over 50 for my bride. We can attest to it's never too late to find a new love.[/#800000][/font]
[center][inline "SHINNING SUN.GIF"]
[signature]