Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
battling 6footers today
I ignored the wind report and headed out today anways... bad idea! launched at Caville @ 2pm towards the narrows to fish some coves... riding on huge surfs: it was kinda fun. Coming back, going against the wind: that was brutal. We were taking in water, I had the bilge running all the way back. Not going out there on high winds again...

Another better note: fished near the tires @ caville and caught some cats on chovies. so far this year, 3 trips and got cats each time... no stripers. strange to get them this time of year
[signature]
6 footers... thats all?? LoL
[signature]
Jeez don't capsize [:p] but on a more serious note taking on water during rough conditions can be a little scary [pirate]

I also noticed you said "strange to get them this time of year" I assume you mean channels. Actually its not strange at all. Spring is about the time they start getting more active and making there way to the shallows by summer there super shallow and hungry as it gets closer to winter they head back out to deep water. Fun to catch when you cant find any bass.[fishin]
[signature]