Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not quite a pro....
I fished the Southwest Division Championship this past week at Lake Powell, and I had myself a rough tournament.

First two days I never bagged a limit, only weighing in 2 fish each day. I pulled a limit together on the last day, but it was too late to catch up and ended up 8th on the state team, I think.

It was an awesome experience,being my biggest tournament to date, and I learned a ton.

Here are a couple pics from weigh-ins.
[inline jon1.JPG]

[inline jon3.JPG]

Im going to try to fish the US Open this year, and I'll be back on Mead sometime in the fall for the 2012 state team qualifier.

Never give up!
[signature]
dam dude, thats pretty cool [Wink]
[signature]
Everybody has tough fishing days. Keep in the game and I know you'll have success eventually Whizzle. I think you were sandbagging so you can blow 'em away in the fall.[Wink]

Have a nice day,
[signature]
[cool]You gotta start somewhere. Must have been a great experience. Next you can spank them on mead.
[signature]
Well done Whizzle! You made it to the show!
[signature]
awesome[cool]
[signature]
[cool]cool!!! i'm probly speaking for myself when i say this.. but you sure look like a pro to me in those pictures. you'll get em next time!! hey and dont forget about us when u get your own t.v. show [Wink][fishin] fish on!!
[signature]
Your pro to me bro lol.
[signature]
Nice pics man!![Wink] Were you fishing on your own or like on the back of the boat, like a co-angler? Going to a new lake I would have no idea where to start looking for fish. Powell looks huge probably just like Mead, tons of shore line but the fish are only in a few spots.
I just came back from fishing Clear Lake, the bass capital of the west, for 3 days... not one fish, well 2 giant crappie but that was it. That was just for fun could not imagine doing it under tournament pressure. Well, if you couldn't do I don't believe many of us could have!!!
[quote Jimboslice]Your pro to me bro lol.[/quote] x2
[signature]