Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rod question
hey everyone,

had a question on the bft rods and someone mentioned you guys might know. out of the three rods they sell on bft i was wondering which one might fit my needs the best.

im looking for a jigging rod setup for a spin reel. i want to spool 12lb test on the reel and the rod needs to handle that line well. the rod will be for large fish in large rivers and current jigging. this means i need a stiff backbone and senstive tip. out of the three rods which one do you guys feel fits that the best. thanks for any info.
[signature]
hey Xman, are you just going to be jigging, or are you going to be trolling if so what speeds will you be trolling. in other words if you are ging to be drift trolling or troling at speeds of 12-25 miles.

for jigging I have seen people using some realy light setups for walleyes and salmon using about 12 pound test.

another thing that would make a differance is what type of fish are you going after?

to put it simply we need to know as much detail about what you are going to do with it to give you the answer you are looking for
[signature]
i agree dave, i tried to be specific but i will go into it more. i will be jigging only. mostly for trout in the snake river with fairly fast current. so the whole purpose of this setup is to handle large fish in a deep large river with fast current. large fish meaning around 10lbs or so in current. so i was trying to figure out what kind of rod would have the best feel for jigging with 12lbs test on. thanks for any info.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]It looks like to me from the photo’s, out of the three bft rods, only one would work with a spinning reel. The 8' Trout Rod. It will work for jigging and 12 lb test will work also. That is if you have a clear bottom and there is nothing for the fish to get in to.[/size][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1]
[/size][/font]
[signature]

Hey there byrumjr,

Yep, that 8 footer is the one I got and it's a beauty. I'm thinkin' it would be great for worming too.

JapanRon
[signature]