Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flat bottom lake.
I've been trying to figure out the bass in a particular lake and just can't figure it out. I have caught bass in it and they have been 16" plus. The problem is the lake is round, half of it is a 5 foot deep flat and its a gradual slope to about 30 feet. Theirs no quick drops, points, structure, bays or anything really. The question is: where would bass go in a lake like this?

The lake is heavily stocked with tiger musky and walleye. The bass I do catch out of there have been some pretty hefty pigs but Ill catch 1 for the day and that's it.
[signature]
If you have trees or bushs on the side, try fishing the shoreline more. Docks? Allmost any change has a chance to hold a few fish, like bottom weed changes, gravel to mud ect. Looks like a good place to drag a downed tree to a spot you'll remember and let it sink. You'll have your own honey hole shortly.
[signature]
That's happened to me before, and I've found that many of the fish hide out along banks and whatever cover they can find, or where subtle changes in the lake bottom happen, such as, like gdn443 said, a change from gravel to mud or visa versa. I've also done the other thing he brought up, which is making a structure in the water. Works really well.
[signature]