Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new nighttime shore fisher(mead)
im going out next weekend to lake mead for night time shore fishing! i could use tips for cats and stripers!
[signature]
AH HA i see u found your way to the nevada forums, we first off welcome again. second u want good numbers of fish you will need to chum, chum, and chum some more, so says a few of our buddies here. you are gonna need some anchovies, some stink bait for cats, and some corn for cats and carp. this time of year the catfish are actively hunting stinky things so prepared baits, like magic bait, berkely catfish bait, and shrimp, work well. stripers...well i don't do so well, but i have been going wrong about it. this will change lol. top waters in the early morning will take stripers and largemouth, anchovies, crankbaits, and swim baits anything in a shad pattern will also take stripers this time of year. carp will take corn fished off the bottom channel cats will also eat the corn. have a look around in this forum there is a ton of info here.[fishon]

remember chum, chum, chum, and chum again bring the fish to you[Wink]
[signature]
The hot info going around right now is chum. It can be easy as a can of corn or slightly more complicated. Like a homemade slurry of fish parts and secret ingredients, frozen and tossed in the water around where you will be casting. It takes a little work and can be slightly messy at times, but if that sounds interesting there are a couple posts up atm about it.

I would grab a couple baits, maybe three. Anchovies, worms , and corn would be my choice. Anchovies always work well. I like worms cause they are not as messy and large mouth bite them every now and again. Corn is fun because cats and striper will bite it, but your just as likely to catch a carp. That's about it for cut baits. Make sure you have some way of detecting a bite. A clip on glow stick, or a bell maybe.

Bring a couple lures possibly, something that makes a lot of noise. Top water stuff with rattles or a prop.
GL
[signature]
thanks alot! il give it all a try lol! is there any chum recomended by you or just the walmart bought chum????
[signature]
We where talking about chumming in this post
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=668026;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=668026;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]

I dont think anybody uses the walmart stuff, but I could be wronge.
[signature]
ok lol ya ive used it one in missouri all it attracted was bluegill lol! but il think of a chum to use!
[signature]