Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waaaay off topic but...
I thought you guys would like to see this. I am a pipefitter by trade, if it's round and has a hole in it I'm all over it. High purity piping in semi-conductor plants to dirty ol' refineries. Right now I'm working at a refinery here in Utah that had a major explosion last year and we are replacing/rebuilding the piping systems. At the base of the explosion there was an 8" schedule 80 (half inch wall thickness) stainless steel pipe that was wrapped around a steel column (basically a steel beam that is vertical). The force it must have taken to do this is unfathomable. Luckily, nobody was injured. The crew got broke down and went to break when it happened. [url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hLhUumr4Ts"]Here is the video[/url] here are the pics of the pipe.
[inline "phone 786.jpg"]

[inline "phone 784.jpg"]
[signature]
Are you working at the silver eagle? That's about three blocks from my house. Knocked a piece of siding off the top of my house when the blast hit.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Scary.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Shoulda used PVC.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yep, 60 hours a week. It's really cutting into my fishing time [laugh]
[signature]
Maybe one day after you get off shift we can hook up and run to bountiful pond and throw for some carp or something. Maybe hit the 5th amendment before [Wink]
[signature]
You got a float tube or pontoon? I've got someplace I need to check off the list that's near by
[signature]
I have access to a kick boat. I'm going to be out of town for two weeks as of tuesday, but let's hook up when I get back. I'll be connected to bft through my phone every day though. Shoot me a pm and we'll pound some water.
[signature]
I remember that blast. I was at home when it happened. Live in NSL west of redwood. Heard the little switch engine from flying J whistling off then boom...I thought they blew the little engine up. When I checked nothing. So looked out the other window and saw all the black smoke from silver eagle. The blast shook the house. My daughters 1st grade teacher lives in the same area as the blast too.
[signature]
I like the bigger stuff I can walk in. Then I am all over it.
[signature]
Cool pic, I like it.
[signature]
Put a 12 ft pipe liner inside of that existing 14 ft. Spent All winter in Georgia under a dam the fishing was great were the water came out
[signature]
Cool pic. Thx for sharing. Amazing no one got hurt.
[signature]
No doubt about it, your occupation provides you, at times, with far more butt tension that a deck jockey. Gotta love that..
[signature]