Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just another Jordanelle Post
We meet up at Sportsman's at 6:00 and got to the water by 6:45 with air temps at 32 and water at 52 ..

We fish all over the lake from end to end, all fish came on the drop shot..
Just a few trout (SLIMMERS) and a few bass the biggest at 14+" not sure of the trout..The water is coming up fast at last ..
.[inline P6170014.JPG]
[signature]
Is there still alot of debris in the water up in Rock Cliffs? I'd like to get my kickboat in there, but inflatables and pointed objects don't mix too well.
[signature]
Yes there is..[Wink] And more will be coming in with the high water..
[signature]
What was the water temp when you left?
[signature]
nice fish., not a big trout guy, but they both look cool. Also, waiting for another mex report.
[signature]
Water was 56 when we headed home...
[signature]
We both got a few fish, this year all lakes are fishing slow for this time of year...
[signature]
If I am not mistaken, that looks like the launch in the background on the last picture.
Looks launchable to me, not like a few weeks ago where you had to drive through sludge.
As far as sharp objects, as long as they are moving they shouldn't be a threat, it's the ones that don't move that are.
[signature]
There is quite a bit of floating debris down by the boat docks as well. I launched the toon this morning and stayed close to the docs. The fishing was hit and miss.
[signature]
There is a dock?
[signature]
The water was at the bottom of the ramp, and there is some floating mater.. I'm not sure if any would poke a hole in a tube..[crazy][sly]
[signature]
At the main launch ramp there are a few dozen boat slips. The personal watercraft launch ramp was closed for a triathlon.
[signature]
Seriously?? I was up there last year and don't recall any docks or Personal launch on the Rock Cliff ramp at all. When did this happen?
[signature]
Thanks for the report and pics Bassrods...
[signature]
Thanks I'm glade you liked the pictures..
[signature]
I've gotta say it's Sad that you accidentaly catch 20+ inch slimers and don't think twice about it yet I get giddy if I can convince a 14 inch planter to take anything from me... Though it could be that this is my fist true fishing year and I'm still not too great...(terrible) ...at it Smile

Though as of last month I have 6 months to catch something as I am now sworn into the United States Marine Corps! In fact I'm enlisted under 0321 Recon and will be shipping on Dec 5th.

Maybe I'll nag you for tips on being the best Fisherman and Marine I can be. Marine first of course
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Seriously?? I was up there last year and don't recall any docks or Personal launch on the Rock Cliff ramp at all. When did this happen?[/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]NOT at Rock Cliff...at the main launch ramp at Hailstone. Also at the PWC launch ramp on the southern side of Hailstone.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I know those, they have been there forever, but we were asking about Rock Cliff...miscommunication I guess.
[signature]
To me its all about how you fish..

Let me try to put it in words?? To catch bigger fish to me you must first be ready to let all fish go so they can get big..
Little fish grow to big fish and each type of fish grow to different sizes and even each stream or lake has bigger or smaller fish...

The food in the lake, the cover for the food, and type of food...

Some say bigger bait or lures are the way to go but each lake stream body of water is different...

I like to say it this way ( Match the hatch or food the bigger fish eat) and that goes for each lake or stream, yes bigger fish can eat bigger food but some types of food can bite back or have spines the bigger they get (food gets)...

Lets take the Berry, all I am talking about is bigger fish in there.. What food is there for the fish to eat??

Chubs is number one and the best food, sense trout are the main fish most go there to catch I will be talking about them..

Trout eat chubs or any other fish or crustacean (crayfish)
most trout start after this type of food when they get to 16" or above so if you want to get the bigger fish in the Berry Match the food they are eating..

Jordanelle is the same bass trout (bigger fish) all do the same, Jordanelle the food is Chubs and Perch for the most part...

Now what size of food do they want?? Yes a bigger Perch or Chub will fill them up quicker but for most of the time the bigger the bait or fish (food) the more fight they have and with Perch the bigger the spines and the harder to go down...

How fast does the food they eat grow??
Now how is the best way to use or fish for the size of fish you want to catch??And back to the catch and or releases part how many of the bigger fish are in the lake or stream you are fishing?? The more people release the more will be in that lake or steam if it has the right food..

And if you use a boat, tube, or walk the shore.. Setting in one spot can work as well [crazy] but the more water you fish or cover the better the chance..
I hope this helps some..
[signature]
There is a tiny ramp for PWC in the southeast part of rockcliff where the river comes out into the lake. Hope this helps.[cool]
[signature]