Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard with a few pics
K2 got me way too excited for the walleye and wipers. We are trolling and landed 4 13-15 inch wipers. I'll keep you guys posted on how we do.
Sweet! Keep use posted!
[signature]
I'm headed up there in a couple hours after work, what are you catching em on?
[signature]
I'm heading out there after work also. Any secrets?
[signature]
Us tooooo. Just replace my hubs on the boat and I'm ready to roll. We'll see you guys on the water. We'll be trying the new trolling plate out so we don't zoom past the walleyes (hopefully) lol.
[signature]
Ha. I am on my way right now, Sounds like a BFT fishing party.
[signature]
Sorry about the lack of updates, my phone died. We ended up with about 25 wipers total. The evening bite was much better than the morning. We fished all over from the north dike to freeway bay. It seemed the larger concentration was out about a half mile or more from shore, my gf even hooked into a double. Only one at about 20" and the rest were around 15. We picked them up everywhere we went though. The ticket was to troll fast. Probably about 3-4 mph. We fished from 7:00-noon then again from 5:00-9:00pm. In the evening we tried for walleye and landed one and lost two right at the boat. There was one guy at the cleaning station in the morning with two nice eyes and in the evening there was an older gentleman with a limit of nice eyes. Seemed like all the other boats I talked to caught a few eyes.
what were you using?
[signature]

[signature]
We went to Willard last night but the "curse of boat ownership"
bit us. Broke down before we even got on the water. Fished from shore for a couple hours, caught one small walleye on a jig. You don't own boats, they own you!!
[signature]
Were you guys in the north marina around 2-4ish? If so we were ones with the husky just hanging out in the shade.

My last message looks blank. The best lures for me were two inch pearl colored jigs ( curly or paddle tail) on white or green heads. We'd tie two on with 1/8 oz heads and long line troll. The jigs must only be a few feet deep but the wipers would hit hard! We were trolling pretty fast and even had a boat with a couple guys that were fishing in it point and laugh at us. They even yelled out if we were catching anything. The couple of bigger ones came on blue and silver clackin raps and rattle traps. Also caught one on a firetiger wally diver. All trolled fast! The only ones we caught going slower were smaller than Willard crappies. The Walleye came on chartreuse jigs tipped with worm worked over structure.

I've got a couple pics I'll post tonight when I get home.
[quote bearnk82][/quote]

Sounds like you got on 'em good! Filled you boat alrighty! But your followup quotes are coming up empty ???

Seems this warming trend is kicking things into gear (finally!) Hmm - might have to shift weekend plans a bit!

Now where'd I leave that can of skunk-repellent?
3/4 ton Ford diesel with an Alumacraft boat. That was us for about an hour trying to get the motor running. It ran great last week but the ignition switch decided to come apart. You looked like you were having alot more fun than we were.
[signature]
Heres a pic of her double. She thought it was a 20+ incher.
[inline DSC01011.JPG]

Our Keep
[inline DSC01013.JPG]