Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2stroke merc 4hp 17mph,vid
...I've put a 9.9 2 stroke merc,real fast,almost 30mph.I have extra trans.support,I want to try a fifteen,Also I sit on the floor sometimes,feels much safer.I want to try dual 4hp,with one person steering each one,or lock one straight,and put some duct tape on throttle to hold it ,...wide open.Or 2 9.9's,easier since throttle stays in the same positon.That would make for a real good video.My transome can hold all my weight without going under,and I'm 150....I stand on it ,I use it to dive off .Lots of guys around here have motors that weigh more than their boats.my boat is 66lb.As you can see in video I removed the middle seat,and added a foam floor,wrapped in scotch tape,and a piece of tarp to one side,its a very light floor weighs just over 3lbs,its in three sections and two of the sections fold in half for easy storage.I made a new floor after this video,the foam material is posterpedic,its hard to see but I installed a bowmount including plywood on the outside of bow acting as transom support for the bow,"thats important when running a ground"...I installed a rudder, only use it when trolling, keeps me on that straight and narrow. pic 184 is my homemade rudder,the other is my boat on trailor with bowmount,54lb thrust motoguide with reversed head,homemade mod.I hope this rudder idea comes in handy for your jon boats,I did this to make our lives easier out on the water,boat handles great no sway to the backend,you enjoy the rudder,it was one of my main reasons for posting.Removing the center seat is not recomended unless your seat is off the floor and you have 2 support beams under the seat.My seat was part of the integrity of the hull,my middle seat goes down to the floor and is riveted to the floor.I used 2 aluminum v rods from homedepot,and riveted them on myself using 1/4 rivets, I did each one by hand using block and hammer meathod,I came up the sides catching at least 2 rivets per side,then painted my boat using light engine gray,closest I found for spraypaint,I even put a nice coat on the bottom backhalf of the boat for a more slick undersurface.....,even wax the bottom before using the 9.9 merc 2 stroke. I will soon post pic of rivet work and the two alluminum v rods...one mans boat is another mans dream..."lot of love for this boat"I tried to push it on that u turn just for you....I'm trying to get more views than my nephew, he has has twice as much views than me? help me catch up.Remember, always, help your fellow fishermen.We came light that day ,only brought two fly rods,I was trying to get him to fly fish,he saw me catch a mudfish,he said "that was awesome",we watched as the fish took in my homemade fly,"slow sinking"white and red.Thanks.[Smile]
[signature]