Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Icehouse help
I want to buy an icehouse for my brother in law but am not familiar with ice fishing. I figured now's the time to buy since its not the season. I've been looking at this:

sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/xtreme-ice-xi3-ice-tent.aspx?a=730247

but am not really sure what I should be looking into. What makes one better than another? etc.

Thanks a ton.
you have a bad link, I was able to find it any ways, dont bother fixing it.

as for your fishing house of choice, during heavy winds, those houses turn in to box kites. I was nearly hit in the head by one of those flying shacks last winter.. For Real.

other wise, any house is better than no house.

the real question is what is your brother in law worth and dose he normaly fish with some one or alone.

[ul][li]Heavy-duty 600-denier fabric [li]Corner doors with straight-pull zippers and draft cover [li]Oversize windows and interior black-out flaps [li]Two rooftop air vents with interior covers [li]Exterior snow skirt with ice anchor grommets [li]Includes 4 ice anchors with quick-release straps [li]Multiple gusseted interior accessory pouches, including overhead mesh clothing pouch [li]Safety reflectors on all four sides [li]Central accessory-hanger hook [li]Generously-sized carrying bag [li]Deploys to a footprint of 72 x 72", with peak interior height of 84"[/li][/ul]Room enough for three, has no floor not that you need one.

a word to the wise, if a house says it is big enough for three, they realy meen two, I take up a two man tent by all by my self.

best houses are the clams or traps, but they are twice the money per man.

the other question is what dose he fish for, walleye hunters need a deaper house than normal because eye hunters use longer rods.

spearing for pike is another ball game all together.

other than it turning in to a kite in heavy winds, it is not a bad house...
Ha wow, that would not be good. thanks for the heads up.

He's on and off with a fishing buddy, depending on their availability. As far as what he's worth I guess it depends on the quality of the house. If it's a great house, I'm willing to spend a few extra $.
[signature]
if I had the money, this would be the one I would buy,

it is a little smaller, but the design allows you more comfort and still alows you room to fish for wipers, stealies and walleye.

its short suit is, there is no room for spearing, since I am not realy in to spearing, it is not a concern for me. You would know if your brother is spearing, most guys who spear talk about it.

this one has a built in sled so it closes in on it self and hauls all the equipment. it also comes with padded seats wich is a real plus for any ice angler.

[url "http://www.clamcorp.com/Shelters/FishTrap/Nanook/tabid/376/Default.aspx"]http://www.clamcorp.com/Shelters/FishTrap/Nanook/tabid/376/Default.aspx[/url]

note, this is my personal prefferance.