Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle last weekend
Took the wify up friday night and loaded up the boat with the tent, a cooler and the rods and found a grassy place just before it got dark. Watched that big old full moon come up over the mountain as we roasted some brats.....ah summer [Smile]
Got up not especially early saturday and started throwing a drop shot around. We did pretty well, landed 15 or so in a couple hours, two of which were 14+ and put up a good fight. As the day progressed it became a zoo in rock cliffs, too much wind and easily 25 boats in that little canyon. Crazy. No one cares about their proximity to anyone else on days like that so we just took a nap and played cards through the heat of the day.
Fished that night and only landed a couple, I think the boaters put them off. Sunday morning we fished for an hour or so before packing up and landed a few more, just fun little dinks. Beautiful beautiful trip and very much appreciated the solitude of the lake at night.
All fish were caught on senkos rigged on a worm hook above a drop shot, watermelon and maniac changable craw were the hot sticks.
[signature]
Thanks for the report on what you were using at the nelle....but what kind of fish was your group catching?
[signature]
smallies, didn't really target trout. Talked to a few guys that said they didn't do any good Saturday afternoon, again I blame the skiers
[signature]
You know, funny thing is, that bay (Rock Cliff) was suppose to be for fishing only, but so much for that idea.
As far as putting the fish off, I would blame the warm nights and the full moon. That is a pig out in the evening for the fish, specially trout.
Look at all the bugs on or around the water on a calm day, then double that and throw in a big old Moon to light the way.
I took clients out last week and fishing was great, took them out this last weekend and iffy.
Again, on trout, seems warm water species don't mind as much, so not sure with the Bass. Probably skiers like you mentioned.
[signature]