Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short Morning
Invited Sil240sxrwd on a fishing trip to Willow Beach this morning. We were going to leave at 1am, but I'm an A## and I slept in. Sorry James. I woke up at near 4 somethin' and decided I would go out for a couple hours anyway. I already had the gear together - didn't want to waste the morning.

Launched the boat at 5:20am and started trolling my giant 13" hand-carved A/C Plug. Some way into the troll, the lovely BUZZZ of my clicker came. I jumped into action and drove the hooks home. 150 yds of line later, the beast is boatside and I notice I am net-less. We wrestle a little, but I got her in the boat without gettin' a hook in my hand. Don't know the weight, I can't find my scale. I turned back and headed in, seeing that I didn't bring an ice chest and I wanted her to stay fresh. I was off the water at 6:45.

I normally release my catch, but she popped a gill during the fight and would not swim off after the blood loss. Dinner time!
[inline feeeshy.jpg]
[signature]
nice fish... i still haven't had my cherry popped fishing willow....

one day though... one day
[signature]
[left]Length to weigh to age chart for stripers [/left]
[left]
[/left]
[indent]
[left]Striped Bass length to weight to Age Chart
[/left]
[left]Other Species
[/left]
[left]A = length and B = girth
[/left]
[left]Bass - Pike - sunfish - walleye length to weight formula is on page bottom
[/left]
[left][Image: measure.gif]
[/left]
[left]Age - Weight - length chart
[/left]
[left]This chart is to approximate the weight and age of your striper
[/left]
[left][#003366]Length X length X length /
1,950[/#003366]
[/left]
[left]Striped Bass growth statistics
( New England - Chesapeake bay studies)
[/left]
[left][url "http://www.delta.dfg.ca.gov/stripedbass/age_your_fish.asp"]Age Your Fish[/url]
[/left]
[left]Notes: Average size is just the median of both weights. It is more realistic maximum in the
late fall after the striper has fattened itself up for the winter. Feeding will slow
when water temperature drops below 50 degrees, so in the spring
the minimum weights are then more accurate. This of course
does not apply to a roe laden female. There has been much discussion
about the varients in weights. There are many factors that
contribute to weight or lack there of. A good digital flat scale will put less
stress on the fish than than those lip grip types and are more accurate.
A measurement should be taken while the fish is on a flat surface from the tip of the nose to
the outer most point of the tail.
[/left]
[left]There is no substitute for an accurate scale but to estimate the weight
of your striped bass the formula is thus.

Length X length X length /
For example: a 30 inch striped bass weighs ~ 14 pounds
30" X 30" X 30"
/
= 14

Use your calculater and the above formula for a fair approximation Margin of error up to 6%
[/left]
[left]The Formula for following species is thus
Bass weight = (length x length x girth) / 1,200
pike weight = (length x length x length) / 3,500
sunfish weight = (length x length x length) / 1,200
trout weight = (length x girth x girth) / 800
walleye weight = (length x length x length) / 2,700
[/left]
[/indent]
[signature]
Nice Fish!

Here is a link for the size chart

[url "http://www.stripers247.com/striped-bass-length-to-weight-chart.php"]http://www.stripers247.com/striped-bass-length-to-weight-chart.php[/url]
[signature]
Nice one whizzle [cool] not bad for a couple hours. Im gonna guess 14# give or take.
[signature]
[cool]Way to go! That is one way to start off the day. I got to get down there again.
[signature]
Beautiful fish. Looking forward to that moment.....
[signature]
Nice Fish [fishin]
[signature]
BEAUTIFUL STRIPER! NIce work whiz. I am also due to have my willow virginity taken, I always take my girl w/ me and end up barbecuing, drinking, and kayaking like an amateur bait fisherman when I'm up there, I gotta break the cycle lol did you catch him in a boil or he just got bold with you and hit it?
[signature]
Beautiful striper! Is it true that there are no limits on them at Lake Mead due to overpopulation? Thought I read that somewhere. I plan on trying my hand from the bank this weekend if I can figure out where I'm going.
[signature]
Stripers - no limit under 20"

Limit on fish 20" and greater is 20
[signature]