Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat advise, please!
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, but am trying to get some advice from experienced freshwater angers and saltwater anglers.

I am looking at purchasing my first boat ever... I have grown up fishing for anything from Brim to Amberjack and Dolphin. As impossible as it may be, I am trying to find a boat that will be a good boat for bass fishing, flats fishing and a little bit of entertaining, such as snorkeling, lobstering or scalloping. I know this is a lot to ask of one boat, but I am trying to cover all my bases.

I will mainly be bass fishing as I live in Kissimmee and am within 10 minutes of 4 or 5 lakes. I like to fish a little bit in Mosquito Lagoon and inlets. I started looking at Bass Trackers, but realized it is falling short of my other activities. I have been looking at bay boats lately and really like the Mako 1901 inshores. My only issue with that is the draft is 16''. That really seems deep to me, but maybe I am crazy. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Andrew
[signature]
Take a look at Lund. I use mine for fresh and saltwater. Light enough to push with a 55lb trolling motor and sea worthy enough for 3ft waves in the sound.

[Image: boat_009.jpg]
[signature]