Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to fish at willow beach?
Hello all, I want to go to Willow Beach this weekend. I have a float tube and a small inflatable boat with a trolling motor. Where would be a good spot to float tube or take my little boat out and fish? I keep reading these post on Willow Beach. I tried it a couple weeks ago but got skunked. I also fished near where I parked. Any insight will be great!
[signature]
They are all over the river. Its best near the marina, thats where the food is[Wink]

of course, there are a few secial spots[cool]
[signature]
I got skunked at the marina.... Ain't no secret your a witness lmao!!!! If you can get down there mile marker 51 is a nice place but all the threads I have read are night time fishing prolly why I didn't do good... I had to sit at camp and cook for the wife and kids... I hit the shore and pier about 3am and fished till 9 with nothing..Sad
[signature]
Stripers in the river are spooked easily and the trophys are real smart . They feed on trout and carp too. The trout school up tight to the shoreline and don't venture too far from the marina area. Summers are difficult if your trying to shore fish because of all the people. Its best in a tube or small boat. Pig stripers are pigs for a reason[Wink]
[signature]
That's what Ive read... Moonless nights drifting on a boat with no lights on produces the trophies.... Soon bro soon...Also read it's very dangerous out there at night if you don't know the area so be careful....
[signature]
It can be very dangerous out there at night, and don't forget that it is illegal to turn your anchor light off if you are floating, even if anchored, and you must run your nav lights if the boat is in motion at all. You coulkd be a huge danger to other boaters and yourself if you are trying to be too much of a ninja.

When it's dark down there, it's easy to lose track of where you are. You may think you are near one shoreline, but you shine your light behind you only to see the opposite shoreline 10 feet from your boat.

There are also rocks, trees sticking out of the water, and marked and unmarked reefs. Trust me, those buoys don't stick out in the dark like you think they do.

My advice for you would be to stay near the marina where there is a bit of light.
[signature]
The Whizzle is spot on. I had my first night trip to willow last weekend. Not only was it pitch black but I would tend to lose focus on where i was actually at. Night fishing right now is good, i saw more then enough activity to make me want to go back soon. Gotta be careful this weekend with it being a holiday. Likely going to be a little more crowded which means more chances to run into an idiot on the water.

If you going to be in the water at night in a tube or inflatable be extra cautious because you are so low and almost invisible you may turn into a speed bump for someone.
[signature]
[quote BillyH]

If you going to be in the water at night in a tube or inflatable be extra cautious because you are so low and almost invisible you may turn into a speed bump for someone.[/quote]

I would have a 360 light on if I were out in my kayak or tube.
There's no way you could see a tube floating in the dark.
[signature]