Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friendly Competition?
Hey guys, as dumb as 4pound is [Wink] , he had a good idea about a tournament.

Before we start setting anything up though, I want to know how many people would actually participate.

We would set it up like the BFT picture tournaments, where you will have a set time (like a few months) to photograph your best catch with a tape measure and a sign with numbers on it (TBA) so we know it was caught during the time frame. Post your picture in a specific thread that we will set up. We will try to have a category for each local species, and he/she with the biggest fish wins. If you catch a bigger fish before the contest is over, you can upgrade.

So what are your thoughts on this? And would you guys do it?
[signature]
[cool]Sounds good to me. I like a good competition once in awhile. Keep me posted.
[signature]
Count me in
[signature]
Sounds like fun I am in.
[signature]
I would do it... I'll be shore fishing but If I get somethin I get somethin lol... Nothing to lose so why not...Wink. If I get one it's gonna be a big striper I plan on fishing the crap out of willow since I'm jobless lol lol ...
[signature]
Hellz yea[cool]

[font "Calibri"][/font]Count me in on this one, even though I’m a fulltime student at UNLV and work 40 hours a week on top of that, I can still manage to squeeze in some fishing time.

I like the idea of including all species of fish found in Nevada. I also think the contest should run for 6 months minimum or longer. I also recommend a boat/shore fisher category.

Good job on stepping up and starting a contest Whizzle! Try to make it fair as possible so everyone can play.

I’m rewarding the winner of the big LMB category a crisp $20 dollar bill.

Note- I won’t poach any fish from restricted areas, Im 100% legit on this one.[sly]
[signature]
Hey troylee

How you gonna fish the crap out of willow without a job? Well unless of course your car runs off used vegetable oil LOL [:p]
[signature]
A backpack with a pole in each hand.... I'll camp there for a week haha... Just playin.. I got gas money.. Selling off all my stuff from my last hobby to support my new one... Gotta live each day bro we only live once... I set on my azz way to long and waisted half my life... I get side work here and there also building aquariums, cabinets etc... I'm a master fabricator so there isn't much I don't do..
[signature]
[Sad] I'm probly gonna be out on this one, my truck is all kinds of messed up and I don't even trust it to go down the street to my job 4miles away. anyone have an old bucket they wanna get rid of cheap? I mean cheap cheap, less than 800. it dont gotta be pretty just running.
[signature]
[quote TheWhizzle]
We will try to have a category for each local species, and he/she with the biggest fish wins. So what are your thoughts on this? [/quote]

just a thought even though I will probably not compete, will there be separate categories for shore bound anglers and boat/float anglers? seems only fair since shore bound anglers are greatly limited. [fishon] also will there be a carp category?
[signature]
[quote syncityangler]

just a thought even though I will probably not compete, will there be separate categories for shore bound anglers and boat/float anglers? seems only fair since shore bound anglers are greatly limited. [Image: fish-on.gif] also will there be a carp category?[/quote]

I'm hesitant to separate the shore bound & the floaters for two reasons -

1) Some public waters in NV do not permit the use of boats, and any fish caught from that water would be unable to compete against a floater.

2) I am certain that the shore anglers will catch as big, if not bigger, fish than the boaters. I have caught serious quality from the bank.

Give me some feedback.

Species list:
Largemouth Bass
Smallmouth Bass
Striped Bass (can legally be speared)
Wiper
Walleye
Bluegill
Green Sunfish
Channel Catfish
Rainbow Trout
Mirror Carp (can legally be speared)
Common Carp (can legally be speared)
Tilapia (can legally be speared)
Cutthroat Trout
Lake Trout
Brook Trout

What did I leave out?

We will have a separate category for speared fish, if that comes up.
[signature]
2011 Fall Fish-Off

Rules:
1)All fish MUST be caught in Nevada public, legal Waters.

2)All fish must be pictured with a tape measure on the ground or floor and your 2011 Fall Fish-off sign. A fish held up with a tape measure will not be accepted.

3)You may submit multiple fish per category, but only your biggest one fish per category will be judged at the end of the competition.

4)Entries may be submitted October 1st 2011 through (tba).
Late entries will not be accepted after Midnight on (tba).

5)In the case of a tie, we will hold a public vote to decide who has the bigger fish.

6) Any photos that are blurry, fuzzy, or seem altered in any way (most specifically the sign) will not be accepted.

Your sign should look like this, with these numbers on it.
[inline "bft sign.bmp"]

Your sign with the #4427 on it has to be in the pic with the fish and tape measure.
[signature]
i am allowed to photoshop the sign into old pictures....lol
[signature]
[quote Troylee]A backpack with a pole in each hand.... I'll camp there for a week haha... Just playin.. I got gas money.. Selling off all my stuff from my last hobby to support my new one... Gotta live each day bro we only live once... I set on my azz way to long and waisted half my life... I get side work here and there also building aquariums, cabinets etc... I'm a master fabricator so there isn't much I don't do..[/quote]

Thats great! I'll be out on this one - being a Utard. But I'll enjoy following your plight (adventure) Sounds like a fun competition (now that the categories been set). What no photoshop? tee hee or fisherman's ruler?

So - gotta know - ever done a fishtank in a closet? Always thought it'd be cool to have the "works" behind scenes, and the show thru the wall. THEN got onto the notion - screw that water - get a flatpanel, and a wicked screensaver software - no water to clean/change - no dead fish to feed/scoop. Just the "show" - they've gotten pretty cool! I likes the lionfish I'll never own!!!

Have a pond in the yard - with goldfish/koi - plus. Fun - but another chore. Now if I could train the dog NOT to go swimming when I feed the fish!!!

Good luck ya'll!!!
Sounds good whizz... The earlier mentioning of a 6 month time limit seems a little long but hey I'm down for what ever... To coyote yeah I have done a few inwall tanks that sat in a closet.. My first one was built into the master bedroom closet that sat flush mount with a window in the living room... Sorry for the derail haha... I have a obsession with saltwater reef tAnks... That's how I met Vegas kid lol....
[signature]
So where going off the length and not the weight correct??? Kind of hard to go off the weight I guess since most scales suck and we don't all have acsess to registered ones... Man my catch last weekend would have been a good one to start with a 26" striper weighing almost 7 pounds.. My cousin picked my ac plugs up last night and went to willow early this morning with a friend on a boat and got skunked.... Guess I got lucky lol...
[signature]
damn. this may be the best proposal i've seen in this forum, I'm in 100%. I noticed some people also thinking the 6 month time frame is a little long. Maybe split it into a trimester, three 2 month periods of 6 months total - this way we'll be able to do two months of the rest of fall, two months of winter, and two months of early pre-spawn - since each of those periods is going to yield more or less of certain species we could judge at the end of the 2 months, and then a final judge over the 3 periods at the end of the 6 months. Did that make sense?? Anyways that's my 2 cents on it, I thought that'd be productive since bluegill will be almost non existent soon, same with shore fishing bass and carp
[signature]
4pound----> you might as well give me that $20 right now, in fact ill let u put it in my pocket.

Im in I guess, but what is to stop people from going to restricted water or another state or some sh*t??? no way of telling where somebody is fishing.
[signature]
troylee, ur fish last weekend wouldnt have been a good one to start with cuz willow beach is in AZ buddy... so sorry
[signature]
Lmao.. Never even crossed my mind bro lol... Damn that sucks guess I'll have to hit cottonwood in efforts of landing a big striper... Lake mead don't got squat that I have seen... I have been looking at the striper tourneys at mead and the big fish award is always like a 4 pounder..ugh... Dinks haha... Next year we should see some fatties with the gizzard shad multiplying like crazy... Nice big meals for big fish...
[signature]